“Lovely service”

Ranked #12 of 644 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Slovenian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Hisa pod gradom or in English "House under the castle" has an unique and medieval ambient, that will take you over and it has been kept till today. Pleasant environment is closely lined with kind staff and fresh made food. We offer lunch, snacks or drinks, that can guarantee you pure pleasure in the mornings by drink- ing coffee or having your breakfast. In the evenings you can indulge pampering in specialities of our cooks from the menu, or all the popular and daily fresh Slovenian and Mediterranean specialities.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I had two recommendations from friends that this was an excellent restaurant and my five star rating shows that I definitely agree with that. Good selection of food&wine and all very tasty and reasonably priced. Definitely a night to remember, we will be back soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I've been there with a friend on a Sunday at 14.00 (2pm). We had a reservation, but when we got there the place was packed and the only available table was at the passage between two rooms. The place was loud, so much so that on occasion we could barely hear each other. For appetizer we had a drink called borovničke, a blueberry liqueur. We waited 30 min for our food, but it was worth the wait. I had Veal cheeks cooked in wine sauce with roasted vegetables and potatoes and it was amazing. The veal was super soft, I could have eaten it using only a fork. The vegetables were delicious. The potatoes were good but nothing special. With food I ordered a glass of white wine chardonnay. It was served right away, so I nearly drank it all before I got the food. My friend had Pork loin wrapped in bacon with cheese, potatoes, garlic sauce, bbq sauce and was very happy with it. I would recommend this place to a friend, but if you're planning on going there I suggest you make reservation for before 13.30 or after 14.30. When we were leaving the place was not full anymore and the atmosphere was much more pleasant. The toilet is small, I had some trouble figuring out how to lock the door, but it was clean.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I've been coming here for almost 4years now. The food is varied and always delicious. The staff are more friendly than any restaurant I've been to before
Very generous portion sizes, extremely reasonable prices, appealing presentation, no long waits for food to arrive. My favorite is lamb shank!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

A beautiful restaurant under the castle, extremely tasty food and the bill was reasonable too. As we were not familiar with any of the wines on the menu an excellent choice was made for us we tried Batic-rose. Amazing wine for rose lovers. The staff are really friendly without being over the top.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant 3 times and every visit has been amazing! The food is first class, very tasty and worth every euro. On our last visit, me and my friends, shared different starters: goose breat with pear chutney, duck patte and prosciutto and for main they prepared plates of delicious meat which where amazing.