“Great in every way”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Fantastic, creative, honest food.
Amazing wine & spirit list.
Professional service.
Great interior.
Really one of the best in Slovenia.

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

We eat in Cubo once in two to three months. It is always great experience: persistant food quality with some positive suprises. Both fish and meat are excellent. Good wine. Today I ate Xmas pudding. It was delishious!

Reviewed 13 December 2017

As it was a Sunday night (a usually off-night and often finding restaurants closed) we were fortunate to have the hotel restaurant open for us. Simon, our server, was gracious, knowledgable, and incredibly helpful. The menu is designed around seasonal and fresh, local foods. Simon guided us to Slovenian wines for our dinner, beginning with the Slovenian 'bubbly wine', which was delicious. We shared a bottle of local Chardonnay, which was quite to our liking. To start, we each ordered a freshly made salad of local spinach and rocket lettuce with small amounts of cucumbers, red peppers, tomatoes, and radishes served with a choice of olive oil or pumpkin seed oil (delicious!) and either balsamic or white vinegar. The lettuces tasted as if they had just been picked.
For dinner, hubby chose the wild venison (not farmed raised), a large portion of deep, richly flavored and tender meat. Served alongside was a wine poached pear and celery mash. Filling, unusually delicious, and satisfying. I had the oven baked sea bass served with potatoes and assorted fresh vegetables with a light white sauce. The meal was beautifully served and perfectly prepared, satisfying and delicious.
Simon brought us each an after dinner drink: grappa for my husband and a fruit liquor for me--as we were celebrating my birthday.
Simon is an incredible young man and the Hotel CUBO is fortunate to have him on staff. Thank you for making our first night in Ljubljana a very welcoming one, Simon!

2  Thank Pam C
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We went to Cubo with a high curiosity and expectation. And it was at the level of our wishes.
We selected the degustation menu and for sure pleasure for the eyes and the taste were present.
The style of the restaurant is modern, not noisy at all and the lighting was just perfect to spend a soft time.
The service is more than nice and perfectly fluent in English.
Everything was there to spend a nice evening.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

I wanted to visit the place for a long time and recently, I had an opportunity to give it the try.

The staff is great and know how to make you welcome. The food is amazing. I had pata negra prosciutto. For the main course, I had pasta with shrimps - it was amazing. For dessert, I had pannacotta trio.

It was amazing an experience, but sadly a bit too pricey for more regular visits.

1  Thank CirilB