“Fantastic food”

Price range: US$6 - US$31
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had an outstanding mini kebab and pork souvlaki here. The place is 100% quthentic: Greek waiters, Greek owner, etc. I literally could not point out one thing I did not like. I would definitely visit again.

PM_QualityManagement, Vezető at Mazi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear ZekeMarsh,

Let us first thank you for providing us with the short review of your most recent experience visit in Mazi. We are super delighted that the dishes we provided met your expectations; it is always an awesome statement to read about. We truly hope you had a memorable holiday with us and that we will have the chance to welcome you back to our restaurant, should your travel plans bring you back to Budapest area.

Kind regards,
Mazi Magament

Write a ReviewReviews (1,370)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I love my Greek food and have had been to some lovely Greek restaurants in my time. Mazi delivers a fresh twist on what you would expect but in an oh such a positive way.

As it is some time since we visited in September 2017 I had to check what we had by revisiting the photos on my phone. Doing so, my mouth started watering at the sight.

We had the Dakos, hummus and the tzatzikifor starters.. Dakos is a rare thing in a lot of greek places, but this place did it to perfection. It is one of my favourite dishes of all, with the lovely hard bread softened by the chopped tomatoes and topped by the feta. Amazing !! The hummus and the tzatziki were similarly good, tzatziki not too garlicky as is the case in a lot of places it was all wolfed down along with the lovely toasted pitta,

I had the lamb burger topped with a huge wedge of feta for main course whilst my husband had some chicken skewers. There was really no need for so much feta on my burger but what's wrong with over indulging sometimes.

We had baklava for dessert with some ice cream, and were also given some free home made ice cream as well. Can't quite remember what the flavour was but must have been good as we ate it all.

I really should have done this review sooner than this as it is one of the best meals we have had in a long time.

The owner/chef was also very welcoming and open to questions and walked around the tables and welcomed people in between going back and fore to the kitchen. Very engaging and I am so glad this restaurant has had similar reviews to mine.

Thank you so much for a lovely evening. If we return to Budapest this is a must.

I do advise you to book though. We booked for 6pm and when we arrived it was empty. Within an hour they were turning people away as the place was full, and we all know why !!

Dear Barry E,

First and foremost, we would like to express our most sincere gratitude towards you for not regretting your precious time to write down your opinion about Mazi.
We are so proud that you gave this charming restaurant such a high rating, this is the best feedback that we can get from our visitors over this communication channel. Further on, we are genuinely glad that you were fulfilled by everything you ordered at our place. Finally, you are quite right by mentioning that making reservations is very much advisable for those who wish to visit us during rush hour.
Thank you so much again for the spectacular review. It would be an extreme pleasure for us if you would visit us again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stumbled across this little gem and we were squeezed in without a reservation. Lovely food, great atmosphere and friendly staff. What more could you ask for?

Dear Scramblegirl,

First of all, we would like to express our gratitude for coming to our restaurant, even more for leaving a review about us here on TripAdvisor!
It is heart-warming to see you were fulfilled with our food, our chefs would be glad to read your compliments. Also, it brings us great pleasure that you deemed our atmosphere great and you highlighted our friendly staff.
We would be happy if you would visit us again in the future, please choose us again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Superb. Every course from starter to free ice cream. There is not a bad dish on the menu and the service was excellent. We were squeezed in without a reservation. Great atmosphere

Dear Cricketdad,

First of all, thank you very much for writing us an amazing review. It really just made my day.

We are glad you decided to give a try to our restaurant and it is lovely you found everything to be outstanding. Many thanks to you for mentioning not just the delicious meals we serve, but also our amazing staff, we are really proud of them.
We hope you will return soon again.

Best wishes,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My fiancé and I visited Budapest and we discovered this amazing Greek restaurant on our first day. We loved the food and the atmosphere was amazing. We had chicken souvlaki, pork souvlaki and sheftalies and all three dishes were delicious! In the end they treated us with homemade Greek ravani and ice cream. The service of the staff was amazing; in particular Simos was very friendly, chatty and welcoming. We enjoyed it that much that we will be going back in two days to taste their dish kontosouvli. We would definitely recommend it if you want to taste the real Greek experience!

Dear Guest,

To begin, we would like to thank you very much for sharing this brilliant review with us, we appreciate all your words.
Thank you for highlighting our service. Our team is indeed amazing, they give their 100% every day to fulfill every request of our guests, so they have a perfect experience in our restaurant. Furthermore, we read it gladly that you also emphasized the tasty meals you ate, it worth trying every meal from the menu, because all of them are heavenly delicious and made of fine selected ingredients.
Thank you once again for your kind words and high rating. We would be thrilled if you chose us again in the nearest future, we cannot wait to see you soon!

All the best,