“A Welcoming, Comfortable, Relaxing Stay”
Review of BudaBaB

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Budapest
BudaBaB
Ranked #19 of 195 Budapest B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2017

My partner and I stayed in their “big room” for 4 nights during the second week of July as a part of our first-time trip to Budapest. Before arriving, Ryan very thoughtfully answered the many email questions I asked about the general area, transport and the accommodation itself. My partner and I felt extremely comfortable and welcome in their home throughout our stay. Both Ryan and Ron were sensitive to our requirements when giving recommendations on getting around, restaurants, local culture and sightseeing. The hosts were very sociable, sharing stories of international travel and living.

Benefits to staying in the “big room” included access to the master bathroom in the evening and having the large window. During the sunny afternoons I found myself just gazing out the window while lying on the super comfortable, soft and springy bed enjoying the view of the blue sky and wispy clouds.

Having access to all their kitchen facilities was very comforting, especially their refrigerator. I was about to keep a collection of snacks and drinks that I enjoyed while lazing in their homey living room or the breakfast table in their kitchen.

I would recommend this place of accommodation because of the warm, friendly, casual-yet-service-oriented hosts and the apartment’s convenient location (close to public transport, markets and restaurants).

Room Tip: Book the big room for more privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Ron S, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear cjkfung.... Thank you so much for your review. It was such a pleasure to get to know you and your partner, and to share so many stories about life in so many cultures. We're so glad you felt at home and shared poetic moments of 'gazing at the blue sky and wispy clouds'. And enjoying your tuk tuk Budapest tour, the Danube ferry boat, and the musical Billy Elliott. Just what we hope for in our guests- you two were ideal. We wish you many find future adventures.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

I really enjoyed my visit in Budapest because of my wonderful hosts there. Ron & Ryan made me feel at home. They are helpful and knowledgeable. The space is clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great. The building is situated close to the metro station and lot of restaurants. Highly recommend to any travelers looking for a great stay in Budapest.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
BudaBaB, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Hi Kam,
We always love getting great reviews, but they are even better when we thoroughly enjoy the guest as well. You were great to have here and you are welcome back always.

Ryan

Reviewed 18 June 2017

We spent 4 days in Budapest from June 12 to June 16 and stayed at Budabab after some friends recommended it to us. They did not steer us wrong! Ron and Ryan's place was a perfect place to stay in Pest, close to all the major sites with the metro and trams just a short block and a half away. They were gracious hosts and made our stay feel more like we were visiting friends than staying at a B&B, yet they gave us all the space and privacy we wanted. The apartment was spacious and clean, the breakfast had a variety of choices. Ryan was a great source of information for tips, recommendations for the best strudel stands and sights around Budapest. They were very thoughtful, putting together a bag with towels when we mentioned we were going to try out the baths so we wouldn't have to rent them at the facility. Budapest is a wonderful city with so much to do and see. We took in an opera, listened to the colorful musical fountains at night, toured Parliament and the Hospital in the Hill, climbed Citadella, walked all over Castle Hill, the bridges and promenades, took in the baths, rode the trams, buses and metros all over and still have left so much undone in this vibrant city. We will be returning again and will also stay with Ron and Ryan when we do. :)

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
BudaBaB, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Greetings CaliforniaTraveler25,
Welcoming you and your lovely daughter felt like we were welcoming old friends. It was great to host you once adn then again when you returned from your trip outside of Hungary. It made it seem like a positive déjà vu experience.

Thank you for your kind words. We do hope to see you again in the future. Keep up your wonderful humanitarian work as well.

R x 2

Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

To me, as one that likes his personal space, bed and breakfasts sometimes lack the anonymity I sometimes crave. With Ron and Ryan, they are very accessible and yet didn't make me feel as if I was encroaching on their personal space. To me this is an important balance.
I'll be back in Budapest one day. When I visit again, I'll stay at BudaBaB.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Ron S, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Dear Nervousbreakthrough (quite a fascinating 'handle' you have there!)-

We really appreciate your comment about privacy. Although we enjoy hearing about your experiences here, guests deserve a free flow as they take in our fine Budapest city. Thank you for your positive thoughts. We hope to see you again some day. Happy Trails!

Reviewed 19 October 2016

What a great place to stay! Centrally located, with amazing hosts. Would recommend to anybody visiting Budapest- for the great city and the even better accommodation. Ryan and Ron have the best suggestions and are extremely catering to the needs of the people staying with them. We had a great time!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BudaBaB, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

It was so good to see you again. Having guests who return is a pleasant way to know we are doing something right. We missed your mom this time, but you brought another charming young lady with you. Enjoy your European studies.

Maybe we will see you again in the future.
Rx2