Central Backpack King
La Prima Fashion Hotel(Budapest)
US$206
US$225
US$215
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Eurostars Budapest Center Hotel(Budapest)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$132
US$123
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsamazing locationcommon roomfantastic hostelown bathroomstayed longerplace to staystephen's basilicaquiet roomfree coffeewithin walking distanceenjoyed my staydouble bedstayed for nightsvisiting budapestshort walkcbkbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I spent 3 days in CBK Hostel and I really loved the place. It is right at the center of Budapest, hence, there is no difficulty traveling around places. A bonus is that it's located right next to St. Stephen Ballistic!!!
A very clean and elegantly-decorated place, with accessibility to the kitchen (I love cooking to save money so it was quite a valuable bonus). Free wifi, good security, close to attractions...
The staffs were amazing! They were very helpful, informative and super friendly!!! I would like to send my special thank to Dori, Lorie, Judith and Bruno!!! I will always remember you guys!!!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

This was a great hostel, centrally placed literally a five minute walk to the parliament, near good food places and bars ( go to the houmous place!). The staff were amazing, very talkative and chilled, gave us lots of great advice, the German girl on the desk (whose name escapes me) was very very helpful and gave us a list of places to go. We went on a drinking boat which was fairly cool, the hostel was made better by having some nice people in it. One guy admittedly was very bizzare and listened to an audiobook all night but ah well. Would visit again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Amazing location, amazing staff (special thanks to Roland), amazing hostel! It was my first time in a hostel and I will never forget this time, I also met nice people. Just book it, you will not be disappointed, promised. if I ever go back to Budapest (also amazing) I would definitely go back to Central Backpack King!

Room Tip: Take the biggest room!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 December 2017

Although it is a climb up a flight of stairs to get to, this hostel is well worth the effort. When I entered, I was greeted with a traditional Hungarian drink, and the staff also immediately informed me of upcoming events and attractions in which I might be interested. They told me how to book tickets for certain attractions, and they were very kind and very helpful. In addition, the location is great. The hostel is close to many important tourist attractions in Budapest(such as St. Stephen's Cathedral and the Jewish Quarter) and is very affordable. I loved the company of the guests, and the amenities provided by the hostel are clean and comfortable. Would recommend to any traveler on a budget going to Budapest who seeks a trip with fun and discovery.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

I booked this hostel a month before I came to Budapest along with staying in 3 other countries as I was travelling Europe for 2 weeks. Originally I thought that I had booked a twin room for my friend and I as this was so cheap. When I got to the hostel I found out that I had bought an apartment which was even crazier as it was the cheapest place I was staying in my whole trip and I was getting my own bathroom and kitchen and living room. The staff in the hostel gave us loads of places to visit and drew directions on our map. The one and only downside is that we only stayed for 3 days and I wish we had stayed longer. I have recommended this hostel to so many people and will be booking with them my next time in Budapest!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends