“Great place to have dinner”

21 Hungarian Kitchen
Ranked #287 of 3,608 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District I / Buda
Reviewed 20 May 2018

We couldn't get into Perriots (across the street) for dinner so we went to 21 Hungarian Kitchen. This was a great choice. We had typical Hungarian food which was well prepared. I believe it's open for lunch as well but we were there for dinner. The service was very friendly and they explained the different dishes available. I had the pork dish and it was very well done.

zsidaigroup, Vezető at 21 Hungarian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Ken S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a nice feedback and for visiting 21.
We are happy to read your kind words and are hoping to welcome you back soon, either for a nice lunch or a dinner!

Mark Bense,
Restaurant manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,281)

Reviewed 17 May 2018

We went there with my husband with really high expectations to eat traditional Hungarian food. My husband´s lamb ribs were OK, but my chicken Paprika was just like... let´s say that the only thing paprika about it was the name. I was hoping a nice paprika flavor since it is THE spice in Hungary, but no. The manager was kind enough to not charge us for my dish (since I barely touched it) but it was a disappointment.

zsidaigroup, Vezető at 21 Hungarian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Audrey G,

Thank you for your review.
We regret to learn that this time 21 could not deliver the quality you were looking for and we can only hope that you will change your mind and visit us again should you be in Budapest.

Mark Bense

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Nice area relatively quiet street. Owner runs several other restaurants with different food and themes. Had Wiener Snitchel. Good selection of options

Dear Rusty G,

Thank you for writing such a great review.
It is a pleasure to read your kind words that are the ultimate recognition for us. I am pleased you enjoyed your experience and I hope we will have the chance to impress you again in the near future.

Márk Bense

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

We were warmly welcomed and shown to our table on arrival. Unexpectedly, a glass of sparkling white wine was offered ‘on the house’, followed by a little jar of something (I didn’t catch what, but it was delicious) with some homemade bread.
They made no demur about my not wanting a starter, even offering a plate in case I wanted to share the foie gras my husband had ordered.
The main courses-duck for my husband and chicken paprikash for me were both really good.
Having been travelling most of the day, we didn’t stay to try desserts, but I’d certainly go back.
It wasn’t inexpensive, but we felt we were paying for quality and service.

zsidaigroup, Vezető at 21 Hungarian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear J B,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience, I appreciate it. We take great pride in serving our guests' needs the best way. We do hope to have the opportunity in the near future to welcome you, your friends or your family back at 21 as we look forward to being of service.

Kind regards,

Márk Bense

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

We had a very pleasant dinner at 21. The duck breast was flavorful and tender - highly recommend. Hungarian chicken very tasty as well. Fish soup was somewhat bland, but otherwise ok. Our waiter, Sandor, was friendly and accommodating. Several tables of Viking passengers were seated in the outdoor patio, and all were pleased with their dinners.

Dear huvo10,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a feedback and for visiting 21. We are happy to read you had a great time with us. In order to guarantee the high quality of our dishes, we use the best ingredients which are prepared by the best professional chefs with lots of care. We will definitely forward your message to Sándor as well!

Mark Bense,