“Best Youth Hostel of Europe.”
Review of Carpe Noctem Vitae

Carpe Noctem Vitae
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I have travelled from Barcelona, to Paris, to Dublin, to London and many more. I have stayed in some excellent hostels with fantastic people and plenty of fun.

None compare to Carpe Vitae - offering the perfect balance between 'party central' and 'peaceful relaxation'. The days are filled with hanging with some of the radest chilled out people I've met. The nights involve a number of pub crawls and A+ outings.

The staff are the most easy going friendly individuals on earth. Provided you use your common sense to keep within the basic boundaries and considerations of humanity, the guys are cool with whatever you want to do - whether it is taking the day to chill out in the media zone (where you can find couches, beanbags and an abundance of movies and music) playing on the house guitar, or drinking games that evolves into a mad night out.

The facilities are pristine and clean and the price you pay is stupidly cheap for what you get. There are plenty of maps and guides to take you around Budapest, and the staff knows exactly where you should be going and what you should be doing.

This place is especially recommended for aussies like myself. Hanging around with other rad aussie people (including some of the staff) made me feel safe and at home.

HIGHLY recommended. I wish I never left.

Jas

Room Tip: No tips needed. The staff will set you up just fine. We booked from a lousy website that screwed up...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 January 2012

This has to be one of the best hostels we've stayed at our whole trip. The staff made our stay one of the most enjoyable and between showing us some of the best venues to party at they also are incredibly knowledgable about the city and where to explore.

It was one of the best experiences and because of the staff we ended up missing our flight to stay longer. If your going to stay anywhere make sure you drop into vitae it won't disappoint!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I absolutely fell in love with this city, the people I've met there and this hostel in particular. Not only is the location great (in the seventh district), but the accomodiation is nice itself: Everything is clean and safe, it has lovely matrasses, enough toilets and showers, a huge common room where's always playing music or movies and people hanging out, and a perfect kitchen. (I've been in many hostels in Europe but I haven't seen any kitchen as truly 'fully equipped' as this one.) And you don't even need the kitchen, cause the staff cooks a cheap, tasty and healthy meal daily.

I do love to dance until sunrise but I'm kind of quiet and introverted, but even though I wouldn't reckon myself being a party animal , I did go out every single night and I enjoyed my stay, extended my stay, changed my itinerary so I could come back and enjoyed it even more. I guess that's what I loved the most about Vitae: all the people (both the guests and the staff, who works its as.s off but is happy and cheerful all the time) are so loving and easy-to-love. I felt seen and that proves to me that they take care of everybody, welcome anybody open-minded and therefore create the perfect atmosphere for the ultimate nightlife and comfortable and cozy days. Go there and find it out yourself.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2011

This was the hostel from hell. having traveled to nearly every country in europe (including places like romania an ukraine) i would have to say this was the most unprofessional chaotic hostel i have ever (attempted) to stay at. all the hostel workers are young Partying backpackers who just decided to stay in the city. They live in a state of complete filth in their "staff room". Furthermore they are a bunch of complete Philistine's, who upon speaking to can only manage limited sentences largely involving hooting noises and the word "party". In comparison to other "party" hostels in eastern europe such as Greg and Toms party hostel in Krakow, this place is a complete joke. There isn't even a designated staff member on at any time, you simply have to "find" one of the numerous staff members among the other travelers or knock on their filthy door. As far as their precious partying goes, if you like being led blindly around a city with twenty 20 year old drunk Aussies who couldn't even tell you what language they speak in Hungary let alone which country they are even in, then maybe you should stay here. Otherwise ignore all the good reviews because they have obviously been written by the type of people who i have just described. There are plenty of other hostels in budapest, please do yourself a favour and stay at one of them

Room Tip: don't stay here if you are any older than 16
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
14  Thank james h
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Absolutely off tap hostel, with great rooms, great vibe and even greater people! There is always someone on hand to doll out advice on tours/eats/things to do and most amazing is a pub crawl/event every single night for free! Definately the place to be in Budapest if your down to party! Xoxo

• Stayed: December 2011