“Beautiful apartment, awesome location, excellent...”
other travellers have booked this property
Dining Room view into bedroom
view from the Yoga room to the Dining Room
Master Bedroom II
dining room detail
lamp in the Dining Room
international original art at our walls
Master Bedroom One
lamp in the bathroom
dining room detail
lamp in the Master Bedroom
the hot bath
market hall
market
fresh bread you can by at the market
cheese at the market
raw honey at the market
During a hot summer
cafe around the corner
coffee bars and restaurants
young people having fun
Gellert Bath
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Cazaroon
Scotland UK
“Almost excellent”
Reviewed 30 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Great apartment and great location - although, with Budapest's amazing transport system, everything is located brilliantly. As it happened though, the tram and metro were about 90 seconds from the apartment!

The apartment was beautiful, although the third room was a wee bit tight for a double bed. Also, could have done with more hangers and hanging space for clothes for five guests. The owner was very quick to offer us a late check out on request which helped us out a great deal and let us explore our surroundings. A great wee neighbourhood restaurant was practically on our doorstep; minutes from the Metro and right beside the market.

Contact with the owner was excellent, both at time of booking and just prior to visit. During the visit, it seemed that he was on email 24/7 as he came back to me within minutes of any email I sent.

Unfortunately, we had a problem with a blocked toilet and, as it was the only one in the apartment, we, eventually could not use it. We did not flush anything down the toilet, rather I think that the building has old pipes as much of the drainage in the kitchen and bathroom was sluggish.

When the owner came back to me about this problem, it was with a video of someone unblocking the u-bend in a toilet. Needless to say, neither I, nor the girls I was with, felt inclined to do this on a three night visit to Budapest.

Had it not been for the toilet situation, I would easily have given this apartment a 5-star rating.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
6 Oct 2015
thanks a lot for the review - everything works fine now - one day after your return I checked it and goood...

see you again... frank
Mashayla
Portland, Oregon
“Beautiful apartment, awesome location, excellent host!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

We loved our stay at the Budapest Boutique Apartment!!!

My family and I stayed here for about a month and we found the place to be perfect for us! The apartment itself is beautiful (and spacious!). Furnishings are minimal, but attractive and comfortable. Amenities are great, everything we needed was there and then some. (My only complaint, though small, would be that the knives were rather dull....had a hard time cutting meat for some goulash!) Beds are comfortable and linens are great too.

The location was so convenient! Just outside are the trams (and now a metro line!) and just about all you could want to see is within ten to twenty minutes on public transport. Around the corner is a great little park for kids and an indoor market where I could do all my shopping (either from local vendors or a supermarket). The hustle and bustle of the city outside of the apartment is the least bit bothersome (especially with the Windows that block sounds well and the black out shades). And while the apartment building itself is a little run down, the neighbors are friendly and my family always felt safe.

Frank is great to work with! Always responded quickly, is super friendly and always accommodating!

Hands down, I would recommend this place. We hope to stay again someday!

Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
31 Mar 2014
thats nice to hear - people who stay a month know what to say.

About the knives I want to tell you a little story. My mother once got a pair of new knifes and they have been so sharp that she almost cut one of here finger of. That was on a sunday morning while cutting bred for breakfast. After that she put all knives into the earth of our garden for a night, so that they will loosen sharpness. I did it with all knifes as well, so that nobody will cut his finger so deeply on a sunday in a foreign city and needs to call a doctor. So sorry for the knives, but better to have a nice sunday without a doctor and may be more work for the gulash .... then beeing you know...

Thats is the reason for the knives ... And its true.

But beside all that Im happy that you liked your stay and that you had a great time. And we would be happy to welcome you back one day and I will put a sharp knive for you on the table as a present. Believe me.

I wish you a great weekend and a great summer

Frank
Antwerpen
Reviewed 14 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
14 Feb 2014
We are happy if your guests are happy and while reading your text Ive got happy feelings that someone apriciates our place like we do when we are there. Thanks for making my day.
Germany
Reviewed 13 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014

13 Feb 2014
Dear Zweibelson family. thanks for the critic. There are outside roller blinds - sorry I should have told you - you find the strings for them beside the window in an old wooden box (we decided to keep the old classic windows of the apartment and invested a lot of money so that everything stays in the old way - so the strings are in the box beside the window and we got totally new outside roller blinds)
Even if you dont find or use the roller blinds there is privacy - the BBA is on the last floor and overlooks all other houses - nobody can look up into our apartment even if the windows are not coverd. You can look down in the other flats but nobody can look up inside the flat - that would be a new physicall challange of light breaking. But I will also take that serious and write it in the using guide of the flat so that people feel good and comfortable.
About the carpets I will suggest it as a personal taste. Carpets are nice but they also soak all the dirt from around (shoes, dust etc) and provide a good atmosphere for little germs. So we will not provide any carpet on the floor even if our wooden floor will be suffer after a while. About the echos I will find a solution and might put nice rugs on the inside of the windows - that will be a good idea to solve the echo problem. So once more Im happy that you write me honestly about your concerns of sound and to be seen in the flat. And Im also happy that you still liked the space in the end and if you come back you will find the instructions for how to use the window blinds and some nice rags at the windows for soaking the echos and I will also offer you once again a discount for your stay and also for your friends if they tell me that they are from you. All my best and thanks for your stay. Frank
Berlin
Reviewed 17 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
17 Oct 2013
you made my day.. hope to see you again and again.. best frank
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing