Origo Hostel & Guesthouse
US$57
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$68/night.

US$105
US$89
US$86
US$79
Savings alert! 48% below average rates

The price you found is 48% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$151/night.

US$191
US$149
Official Site
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

NH Budapest City(Budapest)
US$76
US$73
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

easyHotel Budapest Oktogon(Budapest)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$39
Agoda.com
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$44/night.

US$93
US$48
US$40
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$45/night.

US$176
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$266/night.

US$275
US$253
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My friend and I got 'lost' on our way here coz we didn't thought that this hostel is actually behind that big old black gate! :) but we managed to find it anyway! lol
Great hospitality, awesome hosts, comfy bedrooms, clean bathroom and reasonable price. Location was within walking distance to all the tourists attractions and it's near to the metro station.
Will definitely be back and recommend this to our friends!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank falisa_m
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I booked a room for 4 nights but unfortunately once my friend and I arrived they told us that we will be transfer to an other hostel to far for the 2 last nights.
If we forget about this detail, the hostel is great! Great location near the parliament and the river. We stayed in the 4 beds room and there was nothing to tell wrong about. The staff is very friendly and can help you with all your questions: what to do, where to go out, where to find a good Hungarian restaurant, etc ...
I will stay there an other time without Amy doubt!

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank pioutte
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I travelled with my sister and stayed for two nights, we came with an abudance of questions and the staff couldn't have gone to any more effort to help us.
We managed to skip the queue for bath house thanks to the advise of the staff to buy a voucher instead of just turning up (it's the same price).
The room was clean, tidy, comfortable, and most importantly not boiling hot, an absolute haven in the 40 degrees heat.
The location is superb, 1 minute from the red metro line and the stunning parliament building.
I'd recommend Origo without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bonedawg
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and helping staff, nice and quiet place, close to parliament building and market place, unique design on the walls(every room is different than others and I had the chance to see them all), free Wifi and hot water 24/7 everything is in walking distance and also close to public transportation too.. If I come to Budapest again I would definitely check Origo hostel first.. Ty =)

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My brother and I stayed here in a private room for 2 nights in September 2012. The great thing about Origo Hostel is its central location very close to Parliament and the metro station. The hostel is situated in an old building and the forecourt does appear rather run down and uninviting at first, but once inside the hostel is generally very nice with a good kitchen if you want to make your own food.

Unfortunately, when we arrived we found that the hostel had recently been infested with insects and hence strongly smelt of insecticide that was applied just before we arrived. Although the owner apologised profusely for us being put into this situation, we found that our room hadn't been treated properly and that there were still dead/dying insects on the floor. This is clearly unacceptable and since the owner wasn't there all the time we had to sort out the mess ourselves. Also, there was a broken glass door in the hallway which was clearly a safety hazard.

Based on this experience, I struggle to justify giving this hostel more than 2 stars. My only hope is that this situation was a one off and we were just unlucky, as I have generally heard a lot of positive comments about this place before deciding to book a room here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends