“Very nice lunch!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District I / Buda
Reviewed 5 May 2018

We popped to the restaurant for lunch after visiting Fisherman's Bastion. The staff were very friendly and it was lovely to be able to sit outside and see Matthias Church whilst we were eating. The food was very tasted (we had spaghetti bolognese and a chicken caesar salad) and was served promptly. Given that the restaurant is near a tourist area I thought the food was reasonably priced. Would definitely visit again if I returned to Budapest.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I don’t usually give five stars unless it’s deserved. Staff are friendly and make you feel welcome. Menus in all languages so no reason to feel out. The food I had (stroganoff and beef fillet) was amazing. I couldn’t fault any part of my meal and thoroughly enjoyed every bite. I would definitely give this place another go if I was staying longer. I sat outside but was shocked to see how much space they had inside. Prices are not expensive so give it a go. They also have an amazing view of the church when it’s lit up.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Bad food pooor taste don’t ever go. Bad bad choice. It was our last night in Budapest and we are leaving with terrible memories and we had stomach problems all night.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here 3 times, the chicken dishes are great. The pasta is well cooked and the Hortobágyi palacsinta (pancake with chicken stew) is one of the best I’ve had!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Despite it being in a rather touristy area, the restaurant seemed full of locals it may have been because it was a Sunday lunchtime, but it is always a good sign. We took a chance on it as we ad rather damp feet, were cold and had not eaten. The food is very traditional, lots of meats and beautifully cooked vegetables. I ordered the goulash soup however it didn't blow me away, the mixed platter was lovely though; we all enjoyed it and it came quickly. My father and I ordered the mixed grill which was a decent portion and we had some vegetables and fries, my mother ordered the beef stew which was very tasty cooked in red wine. I found it more expensive compared to some other to other places we ate at. Overall I would return but i think it would be better to return in the evening.