“Seriously good Italian fare”
Review of Fausto's Osteria

Fausto's Osteria
Ranked #184 of 3,423 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

I dined at Fausto on the second night in Budapest. Oh my, they cook some seriously good Italian dishes. I had warm octopus slices with tomato and mint, tagliatelle duck ragout with mushroom and strawberry panna cotta, a glass of prosecco and an espresso, couldn't fault any. As a Melbournian, I take coffee very seriously, and that's a good espresso. The staff were friendly and attentive. The only missing point is they didn't tell me the specials of the day.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

I've been many times and never disappointed.
The service staff are amazing, Budapest is known for rude service staff but here they are kind and attentive.
The food is incredible, the lasagne is my favourite but every dish has something special.
The wine is amazing and they have introduced me to so many wines that I've never had anywhere else.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We spotted this restaurant whilst walking round the city and said we would come back on our last night. Fausto's is hidden away a little but close to the large Synagogue in Dohany Street. The decor is superb and quite modern. There is a small outside dining area and the ground floor is split into two halves and there is 1st floor dining area. The food of the 'small portion' genre but amazingly filling and beautifully cooked with amazing flavours. Wine list is second to none with knowledgeable waiters. This may seem petty but the experience was marred by what I can only describe as a moment of arrogance. When it came to paying in Euro (you can pay in either Florint or Euro) the bill came to 75 euro and 53 cents fully inclusive of service (which applies to all establishments by the way); I gave them 80 euro but i was given no change despite waiting a while. I was going to make a fuss but my wife just wanted us to go and thought I was being bit petty. It wasn't the money...it was the principal which annoyed me and rather spoiled it for me. So...worth a booking because you will enjoy the food...but check your change!

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

I first ate in Fausto's original restaurant in 1999, or maybe it was a year or two earlier; it was the gold standard for Italian food in Budapest then, and despite moving to another location - and subsequently returning to its original location - it remains the gold standard. Excellent service, excellent food. Bravo.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Top level 5-course dinner and top level service at very reasonable price. Everything was made to perfection - even the bread was first-class!!