“italian - really good and worth it!”
Review of Fausto's Osteria

Fausto's Osteria
Ranked #78 of 3,520 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We have been there for a business dinner with several colleagues from abroad. The waiter was able to speak 4!!! languages. German/English/Italien/French. At least on our table. The food was deliciouse and the portions ideal to be fully stuffed after the fabulouse desert. BTW - Grappa is a sensation.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is closed in the summer so I tried the simpler version, the osteria. I have to say the food is innovative yet still keeps its classic roots. I had a fantastic primo polpo dish and very good pig cheek as secondo and an amazing tiramisu to end. The octopus dish was better than the one I had the night before at 1 Michelin star restaurant Costes Downtown. Don't miss this great place when you are in Budapest.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

I can not tell you there is anything on the menu that is not fantastic! Octopus salad was the most amazing thing to taste and perfectly done. The gnocchi was the best I have ever tasted. Wine perfection. Service even better. Wish we had a place even close to this at home. So sad to leave. The food is decadent and the service impeccable. Second visit to this restaurant this visit. Don't miss this place!!

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

I dined at Fausto on the second night in Budapest. Oh my, they cook some seriously good Italian dishes. I had warm octopus slices with tomato and mint, tagliatelle duck ragout with mushroom and strawberry panna cotta, a glass of prosecco and an espresso, couldn't fault any. As a Melbournian, I take coffee very seriously, and that's a good espresso. The staff were friendly and attentive. The only missing point is they didn't tell me the specials of the day.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

I've been many times and never disappointed.
The service staff are amazing, Budapest is known for rude service staff but here they are kind and attentive.
The food is incredible, the lasagne is my favourite but every dish has something special.
The wine is amazing and they have introduced me to so many wines that I've never had anywhere else.