“STUNNING IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

German first
Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“STUNNING IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!”
Reviewed 4 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying in Dora’s apartment for ten days in August (not long enough). We travel frequently and always check out photos, amenities and reviews. I cannot count how many times apartments/homes are advertised as "stunning" that, upon arrival, do not fit that description. In this instance, the photos and 5 of 5 rating rave reviews are completely accurate. As others have stated, the photos simply do not do it justice. I admit to having gone back to the site to look at the apartment to bring back the wonderful memories. This third visit to Budapest was on our “bucket list” as not only was my husband returning to his birthplace, but also competing in the World Masters Swimming Championships. We brought our daughter and her fiancée along. The layout was marvelous, feeling much more spacious than its square footage. I enjoyed getting the fascinating details on the apartment's before and after history and the different issues Dora faced in getting to the elegant, classy and spectacular outcome. The location of the apartment could not be better. Around the corner from early morning runs along the Danube (passing by the shoes on the Danube, Parliament and other incredible buildings/monuments), excellent restaurants and markets within walking distance and Buda just across the bridge. Leaving aside the perfect apartment in the perfect location, Dora herself took this trip over the top. There have been several times where we never met the owner since the apartment/house had a lockbox with code for entry. Dora and I exchanged several email prior to the trip. I swear the woman does not sleep - emails at all hours of the day and night on her part. She sent us options for tours and restaurants warning us Budapest would be crowded due to a yearly festival and the championships. Airport service was arranged both ways. As expected, Dora met us on arrival (as well as departure), helping us with luggage and gave us a detailed inspection and instructions on how to use the high end appliances (washer, dryer, dishwasher, rangetop, microwave and Nespresso including coffee pods to last the entire ten days) and lighting and air conditioning system (every room had its own control). The fridge was stocked with delicious food, snacks, wine and water. She walked us around the surrounding area, showing us the local park, restaurants, coffee shops, money changer, bank and grocery stores and made sure we had a dinner reservation at Budapest Bistro, a five minute walk away. On return, we went over the guest book information which listed taxi numbers, supermarket addresses, shops, restaurants, places to visit and marking them on a local map. Looking back on that first meeting, I am struck by her excited, charming and thoroughly sincere demeanor. You would think it was her first time relaying the local history, etc. What a feeling it must be to make people comfortable and happy 24/7. By prior email exchanges, she reserved the Danube River dinner cruise and supplied us with the tickets on our arrival. The cruise is a must - absolutely nothing like seeing the Parliament and the buildings lit up at night while wining and dining (the food was excellent). Dora was available at a moment’s notice for phone calls and texts related to any request, no matter how small. Because of the crowds, there were several times we could not secure a taxi. One text to Dora and she made it happen - again, no matter the time of day or night. Once, a taxi driver did not want to drop my husband off directly at the swim stadium. A text to Dora resulted in a phone call to me asking to speak to the driver. She reassured the driver that he was indeed competing and all was well. On another occasion, I realized I forgot to bring back up contact lenses. I had someone ship them to me c/o Dora which she delivered to me. There are many stories, but can you imagine that happening at any other homeaway stay? We craved Hungarian food every day, but did take her up on the Michelin restaurant - Costes Downtown. Opt for the six course dinner - friendly, impeccable service and an unforgettable meal in a less formal setting. Our last day in Budapest happened to fall on St. Stephen's Day. Dora made sure we took advantage of the festivities in the Castle district, miles of vendors selling fresh food, jams, sausages, meats, cheese, bread and an outdoor concert blasted speakers along the river and insisted we walk across the street from the apartment at 9 pm for a fantastic firework display along the Danube. Seriously, I just wanted to pack Dora up and bring her home to take care of me in real life. Should we have the opportunity to visit Budapest again, we will first make sure we can book with her, then plan our trip around the apartment's availability.
Daughter's review: We have stayed in beautiful Budapest before, but this time I can honestly say we did it right and part of that is because of Dora's amazing hospitality and home sweet home like apartment! The luxurious apartment is in a great location by the Parliament making it very easy to go anywhere. If you are into exercise, you can spend early mornings running down the Danube feeling completely safe at any hour. The apartment is well air conditioned and so clean making it the perfect sanctuary to come back to after a long day of adventure visiting the Jewish Quarter, Lake Balaton, nearby cities, castles, fortresses, wine tasting, thermal baths and ending with ruin pubs. Yes, we did it all and more. Dora is so special herself. She truly cares about you making the most of her city and is constantly available by phone for any recommendations and help with language barriers. She is the sweetest person and I highly recommend her and her apartment to anyone looking to make the most of the unique Budapest.

6 Sep 2017
Dear Julie, thank you so much for taking the time and writing such an amazingly detailed review. You, Peter, Stephanie and Gabe are truly special people and I am so happy that I had the chance to get to know all of you. I very much appreciated the interest that you showed towards Budapest as well as the beautiful countryside of Hungary. You were the perfect guests and I look forward to welcoming you back anytime in the future.
ladmiral
Honolulu, Hawaii
“The perfect oasis in the heart of Budapest”
Reviewed 4 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

We visited Budapest from the end of May through early June. Our original plan was to stay at the Four Seasons, until we ran across Dora's apartment on Flipkey. We were SO glad we chose to stay in the apartment. Dora has created an oasis right in the heart of Budapest. Located in an historic building, you'd never know from the outside that such comfort and glamour exists until you open the doors and are met with gorgeous high vaulted ceilings, a state-of-the-art kitchen and bathrooms, and all the creature comforts you could wish for. Dora acted as our personal concierge, making dining reservations, taxi reservations, and answering any and al questions. She even provided goodies in the fridge for our arrival and gave us a wonderful brief walking tour of the neighborhood so we knew where things like the market and some good restaurants were located. There is also a spa and a doctor located on the first floor of her building! The location is perfect with a metro stop 2 minutes walk, and many other sights also walkable. We also appreciated having air conditioning and a washer/dryer. Also, did I mention quiet?
We didn't see or hear another person during our 3-nights stay. Don't hesitate on this one - you'll be glad you did. Dora, thank you again for allowing us the use of your very special apartment!

5 Jun 2017
Lori and Mark, thank you so much for taking the time to write such an amazing review. It was a real pleasure to host you and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. I greatly appreciate your efforts in taking care of my apartment during your stay. You were the perfect guests and I look forward to welcoming you back anytime in the future.
Claire H
“Fantastic apartment in great location”
Reviewed 11 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We stayed for 1 week in this beautiful apartment with our 2 children. So much more relaxing than in a hotel with all the extra space. It is decorated and furnished to a very high standard and has all you need for a very comfortable stay. The location is great. Easy to access all the public transport for getting around, lots of restaurants within walking distance, a handy supermarket nearby, yet a very peaceful location to stay. The owner was extremely helpful and offered to book taxis/tickets/restaurants for us. When we arrived (in the evening) the fridge was stocked with supplies that we could use for our breakfast the next day. The owner took us for a walk around the area to help us get our bearings and then showed us to our chosen restaurant that she had booked for us. She really made us feel welcome and was available to be contacted during our stay.

13 Apr 2017
Claire, thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was a real pleasure to host you and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. I truly appreciate the way you took care of my apartment. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
The J
“Awesome Place to Stay in Budapest”
Reviewed 6 December 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Location, location and yes location. We walk to Parliament, restaurants, open market and sites. The metro is also very close. The apartment is Gorgeous and new. Well maintained with everything you would need or could think of for a holiday. The place is wonderful! The owner is great, she helped get us settled in and provided very great information on how to get around and where we could go. If you are going to visit Budapest, I would stay here verses a hotel. What a wonderful experience and in no small part to the owner and the place we stayed. I will be going back to Budapest and hope the apartment is available. I would very highly recommend this apartment and the owner's suggestions on places and restaurants. She is spot on with both and so well organized that we did not need or want for anything more..

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Amenities, location and the support of the Owner
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
6 Dec 2016
Becky and Jim, thank you so much for your wonderful review, it was a real pleasure to host you. I very much appreciate the way you took care of my apartment. I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Absolutely gorgeous apartment!”
Reviewed 21 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

If your considering this rental, don't pass it by! The location is central to everything and the neighborhood is very safe. The apartment is stunning, immaculate and quiet. My husband and I had a magnificent vacation in Budapest. Dora is very helpful with everything and arranged for private tours, dinner reservations and transportation to and from the airport. I simply can't say enough good things about the rental and the owner. Book it now and enjoy!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the owner.
Liked least: I have nothing negative to say about this rental
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
22 Nov 2016
Sally and Tom, It was an absolute pleasure to have you in my apartment. You were the perfect guests. I was so amazed how spotlessly clean you left the apartment. I was also delighted to learn that my recommendations met your expectations and you had a wonderful time in our beautiful city. I sincerely hope that I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$265
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing