“Cena a Gyor”

Ranked #3 of 85 Restaurants in Gyor
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: We would like to kindly welcome our guest who are intend to have hearty appetite for dining out in our cozy restaurant. Our menu puts great emphasis on wild hunted food which makes Hungarian cuisine so unique. Satisfaction is guaranteed.
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Super typical restaurant. The service is good, the owner speak english fluently, the food is very good, the beer is perfect, the price is correct ....

Tamas T, Owner at Nimrod Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Cristiano,

Thank you for your kind words about our restaurant. A good gulasch stew, a pint of cold beer for a reasonable price can make your day better. We know that! :) Hoping to see you soon! All the bests, Tamas Tuske

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Steak was done too perfection and service was really nice. Very coasy enviorment. Recommend for everyone.

Tamas T, Owner at Nimrod Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon! All the bests, Tamas Tuske

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Had a quick visit in Gyor along with my family of 4 and got into this traditional restaurant. Excellent meal, outstanding service, provided by Tuske, thanks for everything, guys. Definitely recommend this!

We really appreciate your positive words about our restaurant. Of course, we're happy to see you and your family again when you come to Győr. We have plenty of other meals to taste. :) Hope you had a safe journey! All the bests, Tamas Tuske

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Dear Tamas,

Now that we are back in London we wanted to thank you and your lovely wife for two outstanding dinners on our four night visit to Gyor, also on behalf of the other 18 members of our travelling Gym squad!

Your warmth, hospitality and high quality, authentic food was the highlight of our trip to Gyor. The outside terrace was very cosy and specialty dishes were amazing (fishermans soup, cold strawberry soup, Belszin, marscaponi strawberry palacinta to name a few). It reminded me of the better part of the older days I experienced in Hungary as a boy.

We enjoyed our first night with you as a family so much we convinced the rest of our 22 person party to join us the following night. The bills were easily handled and didn't contain any of the errors or "small additions" we found in other restaurants in the area to our great frustration. You organised the night flawlessly and each person consistently raved about the experience.

Kind regards

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our restaurant. Needless to say, we also really enjoyed your company during dinner. You and your family/friends were exceptional guests. Having such people like yourselves at our restaurant motivates us to keep on providing the service at the highest standards. We do hope you had a safe trip back to London! Hoping to see you next summer too. Kind regards, Tamas Tuske

Reviewed 31 July 2017

As for a dietician, food is one of the most important things in my life and I always carefully choose the places where I eat. I need to say, that being a vegeterian, I was a little bit afraid if I can find anything for myself in Nimrod Restaurant - this place is well know for splendid meat dishes. But nothing to worry about! The owners took care of my food preferences and quickly presented me all options without meat. I chose zander "karpati" art, served with boiled vegetables with a light sauce. The dish was beautifully served, as in the picture below. The fish inside was really soft, and not dry at all. Just delicious! Also, it happened for me for the first time, that I didn't have to order an extra portion of veggies. The serving was huge, even for such a veggie lover as me! Big plus also for the warm atmosphere, in a big franchise restaurant you will never have this feeling!
Summing up: Gyor should be proud to have such a restaurant! I will definately be back :-)

Dear Anna,
Thank you for your kind words about our restaurant. We do pay careful attention on our guests' requirements thus we have plenty of vegetarian meals to choose from. Thus, we hope we'll see you soon in our restaurant. Have a lovely day! Tamas Tuske