“Fabulous - Needs Stars from Michelin!”

La Mareda Restaurant & Bistro
Ranked #1 of 84 Restaurants in Gyor
Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We just spent several days dining throughout Hungary - at various Michelin star restaurants. THIS restaurant was the best. Fabulous tastes. A real wizard is in the kitchen. I own two restaurants myself ... the food was excellent (nice service too). Michelin - you need to stop by and give these guys some stars! Thank you Chef!

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Great service, amazing food and beautiful ambience, what else needs to be said? Well done Szabó Család, we’ll be back! Just make sure you restock your Billecart-Salmon Champagne!

1  Thank Linda F
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

The restaurant deverves its position on Tripadvisor. We had a pleasant environment and an excellent dinner. We asked for foie gras as entreé and I had duck for dinner- probably the best I ever had. I recommed it.

1  Thank Biakovacs
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We had a birthday dinner with family members; excellent dishes that you can call gastronomy; good selection of fine wines, and nice, professional staff. The only restaurant in Györ that has been awarded one Gault & Millau toque. It is not the cheapest restaurant but they give value for your money. A place to experience current trends in Hungarian and international gastronomy!

2  Thank Károly L
Reviewed 31 August 2017

While in Hungary we ate here twice. On both occasions the food was superb and the service polite and attentive.

The deconstructed goulash soup is different from the traditional bowl of soup. The meat, veg and dumplings were served in a bowl and the hot soup was poured over it. The meat was tender, the dumplings were soft and the whole dish was very tasty.
The fish soup, duck dishes were very nice too. The prawns were tasty and garlicky but the salad could have done with some dressing, but this is the only minor fault we found.

The PAPPARDELLE dish is absolutely amazing. I had it on both occasions and I hope to try it again when we visit Gyor in the future. The gooseliver and truffle sauce is silky and the flavours just exploding. The tenderloin strips are melt in the mouth soft. The whole dish is so good that it puts a smile on your face. It certainly did to me.

We had a bottle of Sauska red wine which was nice quality.
This restaurant is not the cheapest in Gyor but you get quality and great service. We will return again whenever we can.

2  Thank Veronika K