“One the best food I have ever had in Hungary”

Westy Hajo Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #5 of 85 Restaurants in Gyor
Cuisines: Eastern European
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We are natives from Budapest with huge restaurant experience but the food at this place is magnificent. If you visit Gyõr, you don't miss this place because the meal is amazing. Huge range of different foods and the view is fantastic from the top of the boat. The staff was very fast but not extremely kind. It worth the price totally.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Based on previous reviews we visited as a family outing. We were 8 adults and 2 kids and all of us had different dishes.

Firstly, the positives: drinks were good.
My husband had the mixed grill and the meats were tough as and old boot. Maybe they reheated them from the previous day? Everyone who had chips had it served just warm and soft, certainly not something which would reflect freshly cooked food.
My ewe cheese stuffed meat was cold in the middle and I hoped it was fully cooked and I wont come down with some food poisoning.
The other fried meats and calamari were stodgy and full of oil.
The chefs must have had a day off and someone else was cooking because I cant imagine that after so many positives we were served such poor food.
I have raised my concerns with the waitress who said that she will pass this on to the kitchen. No apology...

1  Thank Veronika K
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

It was a great meal with a good and pleasent enviroment.
Waiters are ok and deliver very good service.
Food came not to late and not to early so that tells me that the food was very fresh and well cooked.
The taste of the food was incredible .
I recomend it for people that like fish chicken and beef.(very large menu with wide varity )
I also recomend the lava cake wich was very good as well!
All in all it was good service good food and very beautifull location stongly recomend it.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I just finished my meal and could not have been more pleased with my dinner. I had a hard time deciding what to get as the menu had so many amazing looking meals (the menu has pictures for people like me who don't speak Hungarian). I settled on the Hungarian goulash and duck breast steak with mango salsa and roasted sweet potatoes. I picked a winner. It could not have been any better. I will definitely be back and probably order the same thing.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We were here with family, great choice, wide selection, delicious food, kind service, acceptable prices. We will return.

1  Thank SzZoltanX