Revesz Hotel and Rosa Spa
Travelocity
  • Pool
Priceline
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2015

Went here with my wife (who is Hungarian) my first impression was good, we wasn't stopping in the hotel as we were just going to the pool bar next door. After getting a few drinks and going to the pool table I decided to go the bar and order 2 palinkas. As I am English and my Hungarian is not so good I struggled to communicate with the staff and when they realised I was not Hungarian I think they purposely overcharged me!!!!! 1100huf/ shot which does not seem a lot but saying that the menu stated that palinka was 750huf/ shot. When my wife realised she asked in Hungarian why it was so expensive they said I ordered the expensive one ( which was not on the menu)!!!!!! I would like to think they should incourage English tourist not scare them off!!!!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank David R
Reviewed 5 December 2014

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The staff were very nice. The breakfast included a great variety of hot and cold items.

The only drawback was the number of stairs everywhere (and no elevator). I had a room on the second floor (American 3rd floor) of the first building--a charming single room with a dormer window. The bathroom was very modern. I believe that the air conditioner had been recently added--without one, summer in that room would probably be stifling. In addition to the rooms on my floor there were a couple of lovely sitting areas.

One aspect of the hotel that I discovered is that it is composed of several connected buildings with floors at different levels. So when I started walking from my part of the building to the breakfast area, which was in the farthest part of the building, I found I was going up and down many stairs. But I solved that problem by simply going out the door by the reception and crossing the outside courtyard to door by the breakfast room.

I did have a problem with the WiFi--it seemed unstable in my room.

There is a very nice cozy restaurant in the cellar. It had a variety of different dishes available. My dinner was excellent.

The staff was very welcoming and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who isn't afraid of a few stairs. It was a very good value for a very nice stay!

Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2014

I cycled the Danube cycleway and stayed here. It was one of the better places I stayed in Hungary. By European standards, the price was fair. The young man at the desk was helpful. The included breakfast was the best 'breakfast included' that i had in Hungary, but that is not saying a lot. I'd stay here again. Room clean, bed comfortable. The hotel is an interesting 15-minute walk across the river to the old town. If you want a room for around USD 50 a night, this is a great find, imo. In the USA you'd never get this quality, service and care for 50 a night!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Willspen
Reviewed 25 September 2014

Hotel is ok, not luxurious but it is quiet and clean. It is situated in a great location and serves a very good breakfast. The rooms are small but clean and quiet. The staff is friendly. Rating is 7 out of 10 for this type of hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Darko_Vukovic
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Nice hotel being renovated. Walking distance to town center. Nice rooms, clean. Billaird bar included. Very nice. Staff were helpul but limited english. Wifi free but not easy to sign on so had to have reception do it for us.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family