Chez David
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bratislava
See available hotels
Arcadia Hotel(Bratislava)
President Hotel(Bratislava)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Positives first - the location is very good and the overall level of cleanliness was also good.

Everything else - Overall incredibly rude service. The younger generation working there do seem to care and make an effort to make you welcome but the older generation were downright rude.

There was a misunderstanding with my booking which led the hotel to believe I was only staying for one night. I only became aware of this when I returned at one in the morning to find that they had removed all of my belongings from the room. They refused to return them until I paid my bill in full and did not apologise for the inconvenience of misunderstanding (the room was still available so it was not as though they needed to clear it for another guest).

The room itself was small and hot with air conditioning that was noisily not long for this world - a choice of roasting or being deafened by the air conditioner. The TV did not work. The mini bar was a small and noisy fridge shoved in the corner of the bedroom.

There is an IBIS just over the road. More pricey I am sure but if I had my time again...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank tfwiii
Reviewed 30 August 2009

This place is a resteraunt and pension. Food is wonderful. Breakfast (included) was meats, cheese, bread and granola. You can also ask for eggs done the way you like them. Also ask for cappicino. Dinner (10% discount with room) was awesome. The parking is excellent, next to the pension in a secured lot. The rooms are an ok size with AC, much needed in August. They include updated bathrooms that a very clean. Rooms have a small fridge, small TV and huge windows. I would suggest an Even numbered room (room on the back side of the building) there is some street noise in the odd number rooms. This is an older building and there is some noise form the other rooms. However, it was not really an issue. Sometimes have weekend specials. check the website. Staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2008

We only stayed for one night, so our experience was necessarily limited. The room was small but adequate, although the air conditioner was incredibly noisy.The location was great , being close to the lovely Old Town. However the trams on the road outside are extremely noisy. Overall our impression would have been positive but for the extraordinary attitude of the staff at breakfast. We arrived reasonably early and were "greeted " by two staff members whose attitude varied from complete indifference to belligerence. We were not offered any guidance and we were not aware eggs were available until we observed another guest eating them, after we had finished. We were not offered a fill up of coffee and only realised water was available when we observed a staff member reluctanty pouring some to another guest, who had, by the look of the staff, the audacity to ask for it. At no stage could we get the attention of the staff, who were preoccupied with looking at themselves in the mirror.When we left our thanks was returned by a snarl. A very disappointing way to end a stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2008

We only stayed one night in Bratislava, but we really enjoyed the city and the hotel.

It is really easy to get there (hop on a bus from the train/bus station; it is only 3 stops down; the travel office at the train station will give you the right bus number).

It is a superbly well located hotel, only a few minutes walk from the old center where there are plenty of shops, restaurants, cafes and beautiful buildings. As far as the castle is concerned, it is maybe a 15 minutes walk.

The hotel itself was very nice. It is not new but it was quite decent, confortable and clean. We had a TV with international channels, we had our own pretty large bathroom and shower and we found the breakfast quite satisfying (there were cheese and meats, croissants, Nutella, cereals and they made us "real" coffee (expresso and lattes).

The staff was very nice too. Not overly expressive, which can be a quality, but very helpful. They pointed stuff to see and they kept our bags for a day since our flight back wasn't until late at night.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Canadians-in-UK
Reviewed 24 March 2008

I was looking forward to Chez David, based on the reviews here but have to say I was somewhat disappointed.

I have read many people write that they intend to use Bratislava as a base to explore Vienna from but I think I would do it the other way round.

We paid €79 for a double room, using the rack rate as we could not find a discounted rate anywhere.

Our room, number 5, was small, the beds were lacklustre in terms of being comfortable, were simply two singles pushed together and the two single quilts were very thin.

There was very little room either side of the bed, my bedside light did not work and there was a radio alarm making a buzzing noise so I had to unplug it. The TV was a small portable but in any case only had 4 channels. Nothing to suit the "international" guest. There is no safe in the room. The bathroom was of a decent size and clean.

Our room was at the front of the B&B and close to the tram lines where the trams make a 90-degree turn to go under the castle. The trams make a screeching noise when going round this corner that woke us up from early.

The breakfast was pitiful. 4 or 5 slices of cheese and ham. A couple of bits of bread.

The staff were very helpful and friendly, helping us with getting to the train station, getting me an iron to do my shirt and generally nice people.

The location of the hotel is very good (not including the screeching trams). Walking distance to the old town and to the castle, also the bus to the airport stops beside the hotel.

I just don't think it is worth €79. I would recommend any tourist to stay in Vienna, get the train down to Bratislava in the morning and then get the train back in the evening. You will get a decent 4* hotel in Vienna for €79

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple