See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2016

We were visiting the folk museum (skansen) in Martin but chose to stay in Bystricka, just a short distance from Martin itself, which was not an attractive city. We loved the Hotel Bystricka. It is situated in a quiet village but on its main road so easy to find. The accommodations were very comfortable; the meals at the Pate Restaurant were surprisingly good. (Everything except wine by the glass; do order a bottle unless you like thin wine.) The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Massage was available at a reasonable price. The only discordant note was that music played in the courtyard until 10:00 pm at night. It is such a classy hotel that it seemed strange to have loud music ever present just outside our window.
There is a nice seating area and patio dining area in the courtyard. We had lunch there and enjoyed the outdoors. Also, for walkers, it's easy to walk in the village. And, if you go up to Lipsky, the next village, there are marked trails on the road to the mountains. We walked up to the village (25 minutes), but there was a trail that could go 40 minutes or a couple of hours at the top of the road. We also walked along the field in back of the hotel. It's nice to stretch one's legs after driving. There is a small grocery store a couple of blocks from the hotel. The folk museum is well worth a visit. It's nestled in a forest at the edge of Martin.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mule54
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Nice and modern place in Bystricka. We had just dinner there but it was lovely. Tasty traditinal Slovak food (Bryndzove halusky) as well as fish and steaks. Nice and friendly staff :) I would go there again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

If you consider night in this simple hotel, you better be sure you are thin. In my room I had two beds, each only 50 cm wide. One bad move and you sleep on the floor. Other than that, the stay was pleasant thanks to courteous staff and nice restaurant.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank Bielik
Reviewed 31 August 2015

My family and I had a great stay at the Hotel Bystricka. The staff was friendly and the service top notch. The facilities are new, clean, and very modern. Although the hotel does not have air-conditioning, the hotel provides fans and the temperatures cool down at night due to the proximity of the mountains. The hotel is a short distance to Martin and a little gem of a town named Blatnica, 4 km south. Tip; Take the family on a hike to Castle (Hrad) Blatnica. There is an ice cream shop in the town that sells cones for .50 euro, great after a nice hike.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2014

Generally the hotel is good, The room was good only the beds could be more comfortable but it was not horrible and may be more programs in TV would be nice. Wifi in the room was working good in the evening, but in the morning I could not connect my smart phone. The staff in reception and restaurant were OK. This hotel is located outside the city of Martin beside the hotel there is no entertainment in this area. The restaurant was very good I took there my dinner and breakfast and everything was excellent.
The price of the room was good.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business