All reviews recommend this hotel clean hotel breakfast buffet great hotel reception city
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

First there was a problem with booking. Where their told us we can book, however than we couldnt and had to contact a manager, to resolve.
Once we arrived all was pretty cool, however our room was 5 min walk from the reception. In the room there was no hot water, like not in the sink or a bath. After quarter hour of waiting there finally was some hottish water. In the wardrobe there where clothes from the previous customers.
Wellness was cold and had no light. Sauna had like 40C.
Bfast was good. The over all appeal of the facility is very impressive.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Milan K
Reviewed 2 April 2017

We would never stay at this hotel again and would never recommend it to anyone. The reason is that the hotel charged us twice for the same room and until now hasn`t returned the money to us.
When checking out, the card terminal didn`t work and the receptionist asked us to try again, which we did. Statement from our account later revealed that the hotel withdrew the amount twice from our credit card (instead of € 113 for two nights we paid the double). We immediately contacted the hotel by email and they promised that they would return our money to us, but they didn`t reacted to repeated calls and emails, neither in English nor in Slovak. A receptionist told us that the manager of the hotel would call us “when she has time”, and a year and a half later she still hasn`t done so. We contacted then Booking.com, through which we booked the room, but after several months they also gave up.
In addition, the hotel double booked our room and we received a cancellation in the morning of the first day while we were in the room! Unbelievably chaotic place!

Such unprofessional behavior towards customers and mafia practices are not suitable for a hotel that calls itself a four-star hotel. We do NOT recommend this hotel. If you, of any reason, decide to stay at this hotel anyway, be careful and pay cash.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

I arrived late evening to Nitra and stayed in Capital . There was no air and really hot in the room . Window was looking not to the street , but to another part inside the hotel and I herd only terrible sound , not fresh air.
I asked reception to turn in air conditioning in room . I made this rate based on the decline of hotel management (whom receptionist called) to turn on the air conditioner when I asked to do so .
I was with my wife and to small kids , who can sleep hardly at so uncomfortable environment .
The other thing when I asked for additional towels there were none .
For 4 starts hotel I expect totally different .
The positive about the hotel - good location .

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

This is a 4 star hotel with high prices to match, yet Hotel Capital is really 1 or 2 star place. Avoid.

The breakfast is a mess. Dirty tables with last night's dinner and crockery still there the next morning when you go down for breakfast.

And when you get to the breakfast bar - there is practically nothing to eat because they can't be bothered to top up the dishes of eggs bacon etc. We waited 25 minutes in vain for scrambled eggs which never appeared. How long does it take to make scrambled eggs?

Other guests were unhappy with the mess, but they don't care. Shambles.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Domgotravels
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

I am in a Business trip in Slovakia, and I booked this hotel based on the good reviews that we found online. However, it was a VERY disappointing experience and certainly a big mistake.
I have booked the high end room here, and I was given a room which was probably 2square meters . NO hot water what so ever. I couldn't even take a shower. They tried to fix the hot water issue but I was informed that the boiler was working well, and they couldn't do emptying to fix it. no one really cared.
And to make the things worse, there was no internet access. I was informed that the problem was from the Internet service provider.
The thing is we always expect to receive the services that we are paying for. I can "understand" the problem with the internet, but definitely not the hot water.
I would really NOT recommend this place at all.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business