Spa Hotel Splendid
Hotel Harmonia(Piestany)
  • Restaurant
All reviewselderly peoplehigh levelbathsbalneadoctorspa
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Stayed 4 nights in March 2017. Its location is perfect on Spa Island. It is close to the city centre where you can go through the Bridge of Lovers. Spa Island is wonderfull for walking , jogging. It is in the balnea complex/ between Esplanade and Grand Hotel. I would rate it 3 stars.
Room was OK, clean but furnished with old furniture. Sheets and towels were clean. Towels- changed daily as well as room service. Breakfast was included and was ok, served as buffet. Swimming pool - outdoor and indoor - is included with accomodation.
This is a calm hotel occupied mainly by families and couples, more elderly people. Spa guests, people with muscle and joint diseases.
I recommend spa procedures - especially mud treatments. Treatment procedures are on high level.
Parking is 1 Euro extra per day.

Room Tip: comfort room
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Evulienka2014
SpaPiestany, Manager at Spa Hotel Splendid, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Dear Guests,

My team and I look forward to your next visit and until then we wish you good health.

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

You should try the traditional mud retreat (they are specialist in that place ). We tried also massage which has been made from REAL professionals massagers. Next time I wish to go and do more days retreat on that place. ( we made a single day retreat and didn't stay in this hotel)

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
SpaPiestany, Manager at Spa Hotel Splendid, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Reviewed 6 November 2016

the hotel is a good hotel the staff are o.k but the supper was
bad this is not a food for hotel that has a four star
the spa its a very good spa the treatment are in a high level
but to fell that it will help you need to stay not less than 14 days

Room Tip: I would recommend for a premium room
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
SpaPiestany, Manager at Spa Hotel Splendid, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Reviewed 22 October 2016

very good location and place, tasty food and you get a lot of it, very good treatments and service. I would recomend on replacing the baths to shower becouse it is hard for old peaple to get in to the bath.

Room Tip: the rooms that are beter is the ones that have windows to the park
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
SpaPiestany, Manager at Spa Hotel Splendid, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Reviewed 21 September 2016

We stayed at Grand Splendid for almost two weeks in the late August, early September.
Pros:
Although, hotel Grand does not have Air Condition in the room, it has a fan.
Working fan, and cool nights compensate absence of the AC.
The Grand building has very basic, somewhat outdated, amenities, but very clean, and functioning.
The location is close to the golf course, and park.
Hotel personnel very friendly, and nice.
Spa is just 5 minutes walk, and it’s excellent.
Golf course is very good, but small.
Excellent tennis court, and my sparring partner Peter - was just an inspiration!

Cons:
Hotel Restaurants, and Food are less than satisfactory, and is a big negative.
One must be assigned to a table in one of the restaurants, and can’t change it.
All restaurants are serving the same food, but if you want to have a meal, for example breakfast, in the restaurant other than you are assigned to, you will not be allowed. This is very weird for those western, and not western :) tourists who used to all inclusive resorts.

Service (sometime) is a big negative as well. Some meals are not even eatable. One could be insulted if served such quality food in a regular restaurant at home, and request money back. Here, they don’t accept complaints. Looks like restaurant personnel have very little control on what they can do for remediation. No doubt, that personnel understand that some meals they are serving sometime (not all the time) are not even for a human consumption, but are still offering it to their guests.
My question to them would be: what is the purpose? May be it is better not to offer such low quality meal at all?

If you can avoid buying meal option – you can always have your lunch, and dinner at the center of a town, which is just 15 min of pleasant walk, and may cost you few bucks more.
Good restaurants: Central (OK), LeGrifon (Good), Muskat (Good), and plenty of excellent cafes with ice-cream, drinks, and incredible deserts. (Do not buy deserts at Splendid cafe as well).

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
SpaPiestany, Manager at Spa Hotel Splendid, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Dear Guests,

thank you for having chosen our Balnea Grand Splendid for your stay. I appreciate that you have taken the time and effort to review our hotel after your stay. We are going to deal your negative comment. Our hotel is not all inclusive hotel. Our guests still have a place at your table throughout your stay. We are sorry that you were not happy with the food. Your criticism is very general and very subjective and therefore we do not know what in the meals offers can we improve.