All reviews bus or taxi no lift old town portofino gym bathrobes bidet centre heating
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I only stayed here as Vilnius airport was closed and I had a late arrival into Kaunas. To be honest I can't see why else you would stay here.

It's not a terrible hotel but equally the hotel seems more of an after thought and the spa and sports club seems to be the priority.

The room was fairly clean but lacked any personality at all, and whilst the bathroom was very big the shower was small and the lights kept turning themselves off.

All the corridors smell of chlorine from the pool and the rooms are quite stuffy with no air con.

I was on the 3rd floor and there is NO LIFT and was offered no assistance with my bags up the many stairs to my charmless room.

Bed was comfortable and I'm not disturbed by the noise of traffic thankfully but if you are a light sleeper you will have a fairly big problem as I was overlooking a busy intersection.

Breakfast wasn't bad - fairly good selection of cold food only.

The staff are functional but I assume you have to pay extra for them to actually smile

Was it awful - no. Would I stay here again - no.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank seanyboy77
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night before our early flight out of Kaunas. Staff was super friendly and helped to carry our luggage up to the 3rd floor (no elevator). Cheap, cheerful and exactly what we were looking for.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2017

The Hotel itself appears quite old-fashioned. The room decor reminds you to the 60s to 70s. But everything is in a good shape, fits together and is clean. And the room are biiig! Even the TV is an old tube-driven cube. No air-condition, open windows will open the mind to share the noisy traffic.
The receptionist is very friendly and helpfully. Smart guy!
There must be a quite popular SPA and pool in the hotel. You can smell it in the corridors of the 3rd floor.
Quite surprising is the Italian restaurant. It is old-fashioned as well, but "positive old-fashioned", authentic. It looks really cosy and the old stile has an inviting spirit. You will feel good from the very first moment.

Room Tip: Away from main-street
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Room was not clean, there was used condom package under the bed from previous guests.
TV - only 2 working channels.
In spite we had confirmed late checkout we were asked to leave at 12:00, felt unwelcome.
Not a 4 star hotel.
Breakfast was average, lack of choice.

Bonuses: Private parking. Fast wifi. Really big room.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2016

Helpfully reception.
Very convenient location.
Nice sport facilities ; fitness club and pool, spacious rooms.
Good Italian restaurant downstairs however room specially TV sets from XX century need to be refurbished.
Windows pass noise from very traffic street in the rooms.
Limited breakfast‎