“Well worth looking for”

Cuisines: European, Scandinavian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Found this little gem of a place on the morning we were leaving Tallinn. Decided to have a late lunch and wasn't disappointed. Wished we had found it earlier during our stay to have been able to sample a full evening meal.

Would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Was trying to find a place to eat and get away from the cold and snow in Tallinn when I was there and I stubbled upon this lovely restaurant.

I had this place to myself and it was really lovely not feel rushed in any way, as it was quite at 4.30pm when I turned up. The food was fresh, quick and great value for money. The staff was lovely and friendly too and I do recommend this place and walked out very much stuffed.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank cashmcgowan
Reviewed 9 January 2018

On our first night in Tallinn we stumbled upon this cellar restaurant as we were exploring the old town. After reviewing the menu at the door, we decided to give it a try. We went down the stairs and were greeted kindly. Initially it appeared we were the only people there as the first room we entered was full of empty tables. The hostess walked us through to the next room (which was even cozier) and we selected a table next to the fireplace. The room was very nicely decorated and there were only a few other people in the restaurant at the time which made it even nicer.
The menu items were very interesting and we both were having a hard time deciding. Our server was friendly and was able to answer our questions thoughtfully and considerately.
We both started with the French Onion Soup...which was not what I expected or was accustomed to. It was more of a broth than full of sweet onions...however, it was very tasty and warmed us up on the chilly winter night. Along with the soup, our server brought us some of the most delicious brown bread and honey butter that either of us have ever had...it really was to die for!
Trying not to fill up on too much bread, we ordered our entrees...my partner had the warm salad I had the Chateaubriand. What was interesting about the salad, something we didn't quite catch as the server was describing it, was that there was meat buried down below the salad greens. We both thought she said there were 'beets' - when she really said, 'beef'. My partner is a vegetarian but as I'm the carnivore I was happy to take the extra beef off of his hands! Of course after eating that, plus my steak, I simply felt I couldn't 'moooove' afterwards!
All in all the food and service was quite lovely. I think we may have lucked out as it was not busy and perhaps we got more attention than some of the previous reviewers who had a negative experience. The food may be a little on the pricey side but when you factor in the ambiance of the place and the more than fair portion sizes, I think it is worth the experience.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We came at 4.50PM and went out at 6.30PM. It took for about 1.5hrs to bring me a raw pork and no apologies.
During this time, all the guests who came later than us ate and gone. Waitresses Anastasia and Kristina don't even think to say some sort of excuses.
Rack of lamb was quite fatty and it was too much salt in the salad.
It ruined my evening.

Через 1.5 часа ожидания принесли сырую свинину. За это время все, кто пришёл ощутимо позже нас, успели поесть и уйти. Салат был пересолен. Заплатили 23 евро за каре ягненка с кусками жира и пиво.
Официанты Анастасия и Кристина веселились у стойки и не сочли нужным даже извиниться.
Отвратительное место с паршивым поваром и невоспитанными официантами.
Никому не рекомендую данное заведение.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 22 December 2017

We celebrated our split up :) and went to Munga Kelder.
We got last available table, restaurant was full! Waitress was friendly and smiled a lot.
We ordered meat and fish. To me fish was little too salty. Its nice restaurant, but tables are quite side by side, no privacy so much.

Date of visit: December 2017