“Fresh chanterelle risotto! ”
Review of Controvento

Controvento
Ranked #51 of 1,095 Restaurants in Tallinn
Price range: US$0 - US$37
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: You will find us in the heart of Old Town, Katariina's Walk. Traditional, good Italian cuisine is offered in enchanting atmosphere.
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This little Italian restaurant was wonderful for dinner. Location was a a small bit difficult to find but well worth it. The risotto with chanterelles was to die for, my boyfriend got a pizza that was a great size and was very yum! Good value for money, our waiter could have been a bit friendlier but no worries. Good place for dinner!

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is near our hotel, and we wanted seafood in a restaurant that wasn't too fancy. Contravento fit the bill.
The upstairs is a warmer setting, and we chose to eat there. We split the penne arrabbiata, which was very good. It was very hot (temp), which was nice on a cold night. Better yet, the sauce was spicy & tasty.
My wife then had the perch-pike in a marinara sauce, with clams & squid. The fish was soft & flaky. I had the branzino. It's a firmer fish and was tasty.
The service was friendly but not real attentive. Overall, a good meal, not a great one.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We were eating Dinner on Sunday evening with my wife. We had Bruschetta, Calamari grigliati, Spagetti alla carbonara, Lasagne, Vino della casa,juice, Creme brulee, Panna cotta, Espresso (2) . Total cost 73.50. The prima piatti were OK. Lasagne was a little bit missing paste, so it was like a porridge. Spagetti were overcooked. All in all it was a dissapointment, because it used to be place with superior Italian food and moderate prices. Now it is a low to average quality food for superior prices. Just to mention that service was OK and the lady probably spoke 4 languages, including Russian.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

I've booked this restaurant for my birthday party. We were greeted by a very nice lady who took us upstairs to our table. This is the only nice thing I can say about this restaurant. Our waiter was very slow keep forgetting to bring drinks, every dish he put right in front of me and I had to pass it to the right person. At the end he even didn't know what type of card they accept for payment. This was first time when I didn't want to leave even small tips.
Music a bit too loud.
Food is nothing special. Seems that chef has no idea how to cook pasta. My pasta was drowning in olive oil and garlic.
It is my second birthday celebration in Italian restaurant in Tallinn. Last year's trattoria del Gallo Nero is totally opposite to this restaurant probably this is the reason why previous place is full of Italians.

1  Thank Julia S
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

We order pizzas - around €10 each. They were quite large and very tasty :) The service is also good and the waitress is the nicest we have had all holiday - thanks Helika. However it can be quite busy and noisy if you can book probably advisable.