“Excellent hotel, great location”

Ranked #5 of 110 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We booked this room through the points system, with points we had saved and it was fantastic, especially to think it was a reward room. Location is excellent, just a stroll from the Old Town where we went to the Xmas Markets, etc. Couldn't fault the hotel in any way at all.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
MartinsPriedite, Hotel Administration at Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2011

Dear Whugirl!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I was absolutely delighted to read your comments about your recent stay with us. We are looking forward to welcome you in our hotel again in near future

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel

Reviewed 7 December 2011

I am a frequent global traveler and my company has a corporate account with Radisson. I stayed here and spent 300 euros a night for a Junior suite. I went out at night and met a really nice young lady and the next day I invited her back to my hotel where we hung out for several hours. All we did was talk and listen to Jazz music (REALLY!) and in the evening when she had to leave I walked her to the lobby and gave her a kiss goodbye. I find out later that the guy working the front desk recognized her and knows her boyfriend and goes so far as to call the boyfriend and tell him my name, my room number and my phone number! All of which are supposed to be private! The next thing I know, Im getting threatening phone calls. I call management to complain and I explain to them 1) That I was only in the lobby with her for 2 minutes the entire day and was not seen with her at any other time in the hotel, 2) I told them the exact time I was there 3) that there was no one else in the lobby at the time other than us and whoever was at the front desk which could easily be seen on the security camera recording. They fed me the line about their hotel policy of not giving out guest information, and I explained to them that I understand that they have a "policy" but that clearly this policy was broken and that they can easily identify the guy who broke it and that the boyfriend had admitted that it was someone who worked in the reception of the hotel who told him my information. Besides, no one else could have provided him with all of that information, it had to be hotel staff member in the reception. I spoke to the manager and he did nothing to pursue the matter other than to call a staff meeting and re-affirm with everyone about their privacy policy. I could understand if it were really hard to determine who it was, but in this case it wasn't, and I rightfully expected them to identify and take action against the person. Ironically, when I asked them for them the name of the staff members on duty in reception at that time, they told me that they were not permitted to tell me for privacy reasons, Oh really? But I pay 300 euros a night and my information can be passed around to whoever, whenever?

Also, imagine if he had seen me during the day, called the boyfriend, boyfriend comes down with a knife or a gun or god knows what...... and all I did was listen to some jazz all day! Imagine this scenario applied to any guy staying at the hotel with the intention to meet women in riga......... Im sure thats half the hotels occupancy right there! Good luck guys!

Now you might be saying to yourself who cares, that wont apply to me. But I have news for you, privacy should matter to you, Riga is a town full of scams and scam artists, and if you cant trust your hotel at 300 euros a night, (especially in a circumstance where they could have identified the guy and taken appropriate measures against him), I would be really concerned about things like this and any assortment of things that could happen. Its really a matter of principle as well.

Needless to say I am cancelling my corporate account with Radisson. I will not stay there again myself for sure.

But I guess this serves me right for being the only guy to visit Riga and bring a girl back to his room without any intention of getting laid! Instead I was a gentleman who made the "mistake" of walking the lady out to the door.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
10  Thank Steve G
MartinsPriedite, Hotel Administration at Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Dear Mr. Steve G,

Thank you for taking your time and for sharing your feedback with us.

We already have apologised to you for this situation and we have also explained to you, that it is impossible, that the Reception or anyone from the hotel has given your telephone number to a third party due to fact that we do not have this information available – we do not have your phone number on file! That is why your comment is completely misleading and provides false information. I suggest you to recall all events that happened during your visit in Riga, maybe there could be possibilities that your phone number might been obtained in some other way e.g. you have sent an message or called your friend on cell phone, and then the boyfriend of the girl has discovered it that way? Think, where you met this girl – maybe someone saw you together in cafe etc.

Please understand that our guest privacy is one of the highest priorities and we do not have any interest in giving any personal information.

We feel sorry that you encountered this situation and it is very sad for us, that you hold us responsible for the issue that we could not possibly be blamed of.

We wish you all the best,

Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel Management

Reviewed 4 December 2011

Arrival:
I came from the airport and took the local bus in front of the terminal (€ 4.2 on way) and dropped off at the central station. From there it is a 5 minutes’ walk to the Glo. If you have more luggage I recommend to take the Finnair bus (7€ one way) as it is a real coach and provides help with the luggage. Both buses take around 30 minutes to the city center.
Room:
During check- which was very fast and smooth, nothing special. I booked the lowest category but was upgrade to a deluxe room which is a bit bigger and allows access to the Kämp Spa which is shared with the Hotel Kämp. Otherwise it would have cost 20€. Notice that the Spa is closed on Sundays.
The room was very spacy with separated toilet and bathroom behind an wall, across the bed. As it was facing the courtyard no noise was recognized. Windows cannot be opened and all is controlled by the air condition.

Breakfast:
Breakfast was included in my prepaid rate, but normally is around 20€. Restaurant itself is located on first floor overlooking the pedestrian main street. Selection of food and service was pretty good, real 4 star.
Location:
The location is very good with many restaurants to reach by short walk. It is in the heart of the city with everything easily to reach, train station, shops, harbor and famous sites. Thus also public transport is nearby.
Summary:
Overall very nice and good hotel which is a bargain compared to the Hotel Kämp which is nearby and double the price. But the Glo is much more modern and designed for younger people you would like to stay in the city center.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Carsten H
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I stay one week in this hotel. Very good service, friendly stuff, nice inerior, cozy rooms.. I will be back

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
MartinsPriedite, Hotel Administration at Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Dear Piotr K!

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback about Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel.

I was really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked all the little touches and the service we provided you with..

We are looking forward to welcome you in our hotel again.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

I stayed here several times and whilst usually I prefer boutiques hotels, this one has convinced by its outstanding service and flexibility. Some examples from this stay: cancellations are possible till 6pm the same day, room service was able to bring scissors and a mac charger, check out they prolonged till 6pm, possible to order a soup from the excellent restaurant that wasn't on the list, gigantic breakfast in room, capable to do a late breakfast at 12 in restaurant - all stuff that qualifies for an extra mile award! The only downside maybe is that only the business room seem to have kingsize beds (instead of twin). So definitely go there!

• Stayed: November 2011
MartinsPriedite, Hotel Administration at Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Dear Xdanieleinadx!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel with other travellers on Tripadvisor.

My sincerest thanks for your glowing review of Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel and some aspects about hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects fo your stay.

We are looking forward to welcome you in our hotel again in near future.