“A gem”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Mary T
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“A gem”
Reviewed 15 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

I am a teen and my parents brought me and my good friend here, with no description before hand - we were very pleasantly surprised. The beds were some of the comfiest I've ever slept in - I wished I could've packed the mattress in my suitcase! As we went in March (2016) the weather was good, but only around 20 degrees each day so the facilities such as the bar, darts board, table football, HUGE tv and large book collection were very much appreciated! Furthermore, the property was very large, including a sun terrace upstairs with a small table and some deckchairs which my friend and I enjoyed lounging on when the weather was particularly good.
The location was very nice, and on the roof terrace had a great view was to behold. Unfortunately there was no shop 'round the corner to get chocolate supplies but very nice restaurants were in a 10-15 minute walking range and were all very good. The tapas restaurant "D'gusta" was absolutely fantastic and clearly loved by the locals as when we tried to book for a second visit it was all booked till 9:30. Additionally, the steak restaurant 'A taska' was delicious too, despite the unnecessarily long wait for our food to arrive. A thick guide to where to go and where to eat is at the house also.
The main critiques I have are:
• a lack of cleanliness in the bathrooms, the floors being sticky and the baths grimy.
• only one wii control and a broken PS2.
• one broken window door in the bedroom overlooking the pool.
However, these are all easily fixed and personally I see these as insignificant and the pros definitely outweigh the cons.
Sue was very efficient and gave a detailed description on how to get to the house.
Highly recommended!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: The quality of the bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 13-17
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
15 Apr 2016
Hi Mary
Thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.
I am mortified about the bathroom floors and the bath grimy I pride myself in the cleanliness of the villa so I do not know what went wrong there this is the first time I have had a comment and I get guests returning year after.. Only 1 wii control was provided with the console when purchased. Will check out the PSP 2 as I need to replace the games that I told you about on arrival had disappeared it had been working prior but I must admit took me about an hour to detangle all the wires as both the buzz and microphones seem to have got all tangled up together. Have checked out the doors all appear to be in working order but will get an expert into check thank you for letting me know,
I know what you mean about a shop round the corner for chocolate supplies they don't seem to go in for local sweet shops here it is either the supermarkets or garages. We do have an amazing pastry and cake café only 5 minutes away. Have a great summer and hopefully see you again.
Sue
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing