All reviews home away from home daily activities beach volleyball activities organised paddle boarding big family great activities smaller hostel different activities great atmosphere meet new friends social place long term felt like home second home enjoyed my stay outside area
Reviewed 18 January 2018

I got back to Pirates after 10 years and it felt like coming home. Pirates has been upgraded over the years but somehow never lost its spirit. Great location. Great people. Great atmosphere. Great time. Great to be back in another 10 years.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Vaughan-Pirates, Owner at Pirates Backpackers Fremantle, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

G'day Helmut. It's always special having someone return from so long ago. And also great to hear that you still found that famous Pirates Spirit still going strong :) Hopefully I was looking okay since the 10 years you saw me last, maybe not upgraded though ...Ha!
Take care and thanks so much for coming back.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Second stay at Pirates in one year: done! At the end of my six weeks here, this cozy bubble of happiness and love has been promoted to 'family away from home'. The cuddliest hostel in the world...I'm already thinking about a round 3!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Kika ! You're a gem! We'll always be your family away from home :)
We're definitely looking forward to seeing you again.
I hope all is going well back home.
Take care and thanks,

Reviewed 16 January 2018

I spent 4 weeks out of 5 at Pirates. Month of December 2017. I have to say it was a beautiful and forever stay with me experience. I met so many wonderful people! Tasha, Jen, Vaughan and I can go on....thank you for bringing me there and keeping me there. I loved it! Felt safe and really happy. The location couldn't be better, just a few min from B Shed port, Markets, Train Station etc. Great atmosphere at the Hostel, loved Jen's guitar times, clean room and bathrooms, helpful and caring. Activities organised by the owner Vaughan are amazing road trips for volley ball, and far destinations like Sand Dunes and Pinnacles at Namburg National Park. A great adventure of laughter and fun. Too many synchronicities happened to me there, that are out of this world, so I will be back, sooner than later.

Room Tip: i think my room was the best location. Room 5. Nice and quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Vaughan-Pirates, Owner at Pirates Backpackers Fremantle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

G'day Marijeta :)
It was great having you here over December. Thanks for getting so involved in the activities...the highlight definitely being our trip up to Lancelin and the Pinnacles.
Thanks for your great review, and also the photos are brilliant! Really good!
Well we'll definitely be looking forward to having you back one day and in the meantime your painting will remain proudly hanging on the wall :) Take care.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for falls festival and it made our trip 10x better
We were in the middle of town, walking distance from everything (especially hungry jacks)
The rooms were tidy and so cute, and staff were really friendly!
This place is completely affordable with a diverse band of guests.
Will defiantly be back in the near future ❤️

From Danielle and Sian

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Vaughan-Pirates, Owner at Pirates Backpackers Fremantle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Hey girls,
What a great weekend ! Thanks for staying with us. You definitely added to the great vibe here at Pirates. Please be sure to come back ... we'd love to have you again.
Take care and thanks,

Reviewed 20 December 2017

I spent a wonderful time with all the pirates in this hostel! If you are looking for a very social surrounding and great vibes among all the backpackers you should stay at Pirates Backpackers. The location is perfect, right next to the Fremantle Markets and the Market Street with many nice cafés, restaurants, clubs and also close to the beach. The owner Vaughan and the receptionists are wonderful people who make everyone feeling very welcome. Moreover, there are a lot of different activities offered by the owner, so there is no time to get bored. My highlight was definitely the trip to Lancelin where we enjoyed surfing at an empty beach, sandboarding on the dunes and the Pinnacles. Would always come back again to this great place! :)

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Vaughan-Pirates, Owner at Pirates Backpackers Fremantle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2017

Thanks "Ness" ... a total pleasure having you here as you know :)
And the Lancelin trip was definitely a highlight as always. Some good moves in the surf and the dunes shown by you :)
Take care and thanks again,