“Wonderful”

The Modern Eatery House of Aburi Sushi
Ranked #29 of 351 Restaurants in Fremantle
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Everything was great about this place. When we walked in all the staff said hello. The ambience was nice. I ordered the Nigiri combo and it was amazing! The salmon oshi were my favourite. My partner ordered the love me tender craft rolls which were nice too. Then we ordered some salmon and avocado Uramaki because we were still hungry. The value was good. We spent less than we do at the sushi train and the quality is waaaay better. We will definitely be making this a regular dining place. I'm still thinking about their yummy food the day after. The place is pretty small so it might pay to book.

1  Thank Claire M

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

What more do I need to say........killer cocktails and Japanese- YAY!!!!
This is so good in so many ways....Be greeted by a host of enchanting staff that all warmly welcome you in Japanese when you arrive. The food is cheap and is not your run of the mill sushi bar. Try the salad with a stunning dressing topped with fine sweet potato straws or the Zen combo- miso, salad, chicken with super yummy sauce-a total of only about $15. And the bit that hooked me in.....their knock out cocktails, my absolute pick being the Tokyo Typhoon, so yummy you will have to restrain yourself from having several at lunch and then finding yourself staggering home-yet what is better than cocktails over Saturday lunch?

Service is quick, the vibe is warm, chilled and casual. Take friends, family or while away a lazy Saturday afternoon with a good book.

So make it to this one-you will probably see me there!

Reviewed 15 July 2016

Super fresh.
Super friendly.
Super Delicious.
Made right in front of you (super cool to watch)
Dinner for 3 cost me 48.50.

I'm shocked there wasn't a line around the block for this place. And if that starts to happen they deserve it. Great spot to go with friends or on a hot Tinder date.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

The ingredients were very fresh and the restaurant also came up with very inventive combinations like crab meat with shrimp. We also had the sweet potato rolls which were also excellent. Would recommend this to anyone who likes sushi and sashimi.

Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

We tumbled into this place because my partner never have abuti before. I think it is a clever that this restaurant to put 'aburi' as their selling point.
The staff is friendly. The place has cool atmosphere. The food is very tasty. Should drop in for luch time after visiting Freo.
Sitting at the bar looking at the chef making sushi for you is a lovely experience.