“Great place to eat”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

We loved this paladar just above the Plaza Mayor. It has very good typical Cuban food served in lovely courtyard and the owner is very friendly with excellent language skills. (She also rents out a couple of rooms) First time we got avocados which were delicious, and I liked that there was an omelette option as I found meat generally not that great in Cuba. Would recommend if you are in Trinidad.

Reviewed 4 December 2015 via mobile

This was a great find. An authentic paladar at someone's beautiful house and also authentically trinidad with a typical courtyard to dine in. Great food, beautiful place to eat and great value. One of the top places in Cuba we went to.

Reviewed 2 December 2015

I tried this place which is only open for dinner based on the recommendation of the guide book. While the menu is small, the food served was really very good. It had a lot of flavour and be sure to try the mango with rum!

Reviewed 24 November 2015

I am not always made the experience that highly recommended places on tripadvisor serve good local food but I thought I give Paladar Estella a try. I was lucky that I was early and got a table.
The restaurant is in a very nice backyard of a colonial style furnished house. I got a table under an avocado tree. The menu is very simple but the food (pork) was very delicious. it was served with a starter (bread with home made tuna dip) was very nice. The pork came with a side salad, sweet potatoes, vegetables. It was very tasteful and the owner did a very good job. English was spoken very well. I can highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 1 November 2015

A lovely little paladar located 100 yards to the north of the historic Plaza Mayor. Food is best taken in the romantic rear courtyard, but a few tables are also available inside.

This restaurant provided the best food that we had in our 4 weeks Cuban holiday, and comes highly recommended. All main courses are priced at $10 CUC, and are well prepared, presented, tasty, and you won't leave your table hungry!

The owners tell me that they are adding letting rooms, so you will be able to eat & sleep there.