“Good atmosphere but food leaves much t be desired”
Review of Paladar Estella - CLOSED

Paladar Estella
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2016

It took us a while to find this place and were pleased with the atmosphere. We found the food plentiful but rather mediocre in quality.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

We had a wonderful meal in this Paladar on our first night. We were recommended the local lamb dish and it was wonderful. Again we received lots of free extras with the meal. Wonderful staff and lovely little courtyard. Only 10CUC each.

1  Thank Burrsie11
Reviewed 9 May 2016

This was a really good Paladar out of the Rough Guide. So pleased we booked here. The Cordero (lamb) was delicious and a lovely change to the usual fish, chicken, pork or lobster. The owner was keeping a keen eye on things and you couldn't fault the service or quality of the food. If you find yourself in Trinidad, please give this place a try then go on to the Casa de la Música steps and listen to fantastic music.

Reviewed 30 April 2016

I was really surprised by this restaurant. First you walk through a casa which makes you feel like you are visiting friends for dinner. Then you enter a cosy courtyard where dinner is served. The food was the best I had while I was in Cuba and the service was good - which, in my experience, is also quite rare in Cuba. If in Trinidad do not miss out on this experience.

I had a pina colada here and that was not so good. I would avoid that if ever in Trinidad again.

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

We visited this homestay restaurant on the recommendation of a friend, the nature of the recommendation accorded with many positive trip adviser reviews. The place opens about 6.30pm daily and we arrived at this time and initially waited in what appeared to be a living room which looked into a double bedroom, both of which were lovingly furnished with antique furniture and ornaments.

We were then led in to a lovely floral courtyard with no more than a dozen tables neatly set out for diners. The menu was short and consisted of mains and desserts. The waitress was very polite and attentive and after taking our order, we were served with complimentary bread and a fish and vinegar paste which was very tasty. I opted for the house special of pulled lamb, which was delicious and my partner went for the pork choice, equally as tasty. Dessert was ice cream with coconut. The place is peaceful and charming and our experience was completed in slightly more than an hour though we were not at all rushed.

Prices were reasonable and you had the benefit of Cuban music wafting in from a band playing at a nearby restaurant which was not at all intrusive .

A pleasant experience and one which I would recommend for the weary traveller wanting to step aside from the frantic and musical streets of Trinidad to enjoy good food in a beautiful floral environment of relative tranquility.

1  Thank Snowman16