“Tubing on the saco”
Review of Saco River

Ranked #765 of 1,257 things to do in Maine
More attraction details
Owner description: Maine river ideal for canoeing.
Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

My wife and I took our 3 kids tubing down the Saco river in Conway, NH, in August. Not the best I me to go as the river was low and we had to get out and tow each other over the very low spots. I think it would have been great with more water and faster flow, but still a great way to spend a hot summer day.

2  Thank Geowaters

Reviewed 18 August 2015

This place was great. We went on 8/17/15 and the place was busy. we found Saco Bound and an easy parking spot in the shade, waited in line and when it was our turn we were helped thoroughly. Denise didn't rush us, she was helpful and made it so easy. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was crossing 302 to get to the river since I had a bunch of coolers and stuff. The river was awesome!!! clean clear and refreshing. I will always return to Saco Bound

Reviewed 2 August 2015

The Saco river is absolutely the cleanest river I have ever been in. It is refreshing on a hot day. We usually kayak and go up the river which tends to be pretty hard since the water level is pretty low is some places. Many people get dropped off by local companies and tube down the river or kayak/canoe on their own. Either way, I highly recommend going on the river if you are up in NH/ME area.

1  Thank adventurerelax
Reviewed 12 May 2015 via mobile

Great bird watching and. Ocean views the crowds are gone after labor day and it is still warm enough to enjoy the area and the beach. We go there from arizona every year.

1  Thank John s
Reviewed 14 September 2014

Talked about floating down the Saco River in Fryeburg, Maine for several years. Finally did it this summer and it was lots of fun. We put in at Swans Falls and exited at the Canal Bridge. After waiting so long to finally go down the river, we went 4 times in 3 weeks. It's hard to think of a better way to relax, but we also snorkeled when wanting more activing. I recommend bringing a small cooler for drinks and snacks. Also, be sure to apply sunscreen as you are primarily directly in the sun. I have heard stories of crazy floating parties but we did not encounter anything untoward. Some people say to avoid weekends but we were there 2 different weekend days and had no issues at all. It takes about 4 hours to float the section that we used, but there are many routes that can be taken. This summer the water level has been low during July and August and that may be discouraging some activity. Great activity for all ages. Tubes and transportation are available locally and are reasonably priced, but free if you have your own equiptment and a way to get back to the start point. If you are on any type of tube, canoe, kayak, etc you must have a life jacket within arm's reach for each person. Must be a Coast Guard approved device. Have fun!!!

7  Thank sara r

Been to Saco River? Share your experiences!