“Fitness at the Park”

Seneca Creek State Park
Ranked #359 of 1,327 things to do in Maryland
More attraction details
Owner description: Seneca is a good spot for canoeing.
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

This state park is the perfect place to go when you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the gym crowd. It's relaxing and scenic views help to take your mind off of the days stresses. As you walk, run, or dance your way to a healthy lifestyle, this park is a great addition.

Check it out you'll be amazed by it beauty.

All reviews
"kayaking"
"cars"
"visitors"

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Went here as part of an outdoors class. The shelters were really nice in the shade to sit in. Left our stuff there as we ran about the park trails hiking and biking. There are plenty of soccer and baseball fields too.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I needed a nature escape from all the traffic and crowds that go with visiting and touring Washington D.C.. Seneca Creek State Park was perfect for that. We took a leisurely 4 mile hike around the lake on a relatively easy trail with lots of shade. Plus, I knocked-out 10,000 steps in under 2-hours - goal achieved for the day!

Reviewed 30 January 2017

This park is a hidden gem. I used to take my kids to the playground and kayaking on the lake when they were small. Every Christmas we would go an see the lights and now I do the tour anytime I have visitors. Last Sunday we did the hike around the lake which is the right distance with beautiful views around the lake. I just have loved this park for decades.

1  Thank claudiast
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 December 2016

We drove 40 miles to take the kids to a place to see a lot of Christmas lights. The park is set up to queue a lot of cars when it gets busy so have to be patient if it is not busy and you drive through a maze of cones - this is actually for your safety to keep traffic off Clopper Rd. The cost of $12 per car was acceptable for the length of drive through the park. The light displays are all LEDs (as far as I can tell) so there were no burned out bulbs in the displays. The displays down by the lake were especially nice. Some of the light displays were animated and were cute. I just wish other visitors would be considerate of others and drive with their running lights on and to turn off their headlights. On the portions were there is two way traffic, having oncoming headlights in your face distracted from viewing the light displays.