“National Museum of American History”

National Museum of American History
Book In Advance
More Info
US$65.00*
and up
Private Guided Tour of the National Museum of...
Ranked #58 of 472 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: One of the Smithsonian museums along the Mall, this one has more than 3 million artifacts in its collection—from gowns to locomotives—that reflect and preserve a record of America’s past.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family has been here numerous times because we are history buffs. We like the room with ball gowns from the First Ladies. They also have an exhibit about the American Flag. There is so much to look at and explore.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,298)
All reviews
"the star spangled banner"
in 402 reviews
in 123 reviews
"great exhibits"
in 72 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Security was difficult getting thru, but this is a must see for anyone visiting DC. There is so much history about this country, and its growth, that is covered. Transportation, technology, the US presidents, the Star Spangled Banner. This is one of my favorite museums to visit.

1  Thank P F B
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I just visited this museum last week with my family. It was probably on the bottom of our list of museums that we enjoyed. I enjoyed looking through the presidential aspects of the museum. I loved the first lady dresses. I loved seeing Abraham Lincoln's hat. Batman's car was cool. Some of it was closed down and maybe that was part of my disappointment. I will have to go back one day and revisit it. This museum was free.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been here numerous times before and wanted my wife to also experience it this trip. I had remembered seeing more on past trips but to see the original flag that flew over Fort McHenry that is tattered from the shells being cast upon the fort is awe inspiring.

1  Thank richardwU3990HB
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The presidential and first lady exhibits are amazing. George Washington's uniform is on display there. The section that covers all of our past military battles is very detailed and emotionally moving.

This museum would have earned 5-stars, but the cafeteria was a ripoff and negated the fact that the museum was free. $40 (no tip, just the food) for two people to have a chicken plate that I would have complained about at KFC. Someone should be fired.