“Great, inexpensive option for a week night dinner”
Review of Nando's

Nando's
Ranked #155 of 3,238 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: African, International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great, inexpensive option for a week night dinner”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I did not know the Nando's chain before, but went after getting a Groupon. Great chicken for really good prices. Very low-key place, but have extremely friendly and helpful staff. Great value for the price.

Visited January 2012

• Indonesian first
california
“can't wait to visit again”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

This is a casual place where you walk up to the counter to order your meal after you are seated. We ordered the olives , the country salad, chips (fries), a whole chicken and two sides. We sampled and liked all the sauces. We wanted to order everything but enjoyed all that we tried. The peas were great! The service was friendly and efficient. We can't wait to go back!

• Visited January 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A little bit of spice!”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Love the sauces. I don't eat chicken, but they have some great vegetarian options that I've enjoyed. The cheese sandwich is good, but my favorite is the red pepper dip. Served with strips of pita bread. So yummy!

Visited June 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
“An isle of fresh in a sea of plastic food”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I was looking for a dinner spot online and ran across reviews that ranked the Peri Peri as one of the top restaurants in Washington. Since I was staying nearby and a walk in the neighborhood turned up a lot of boring chain restaurants and second rate pubs, I decided to give this a try for lunch. What a find. The peri-peri is a Portuguese red pepper that is used to make a vinegar barbecue sauce, and apparently the food style is African. Think bbq chicken with an amazing sauce. You get a table number when you walk in, order at the counter, and your food is served at your table after you grab your own drink and flatware. I only waited about 5 minutes for my food after ordering. The half chicken was a real half chicken, not an emaciated fryer harvested before it had fattened up. The food was so temperature hot when I arrived at my table, I had to let it cool a bit. A unique experience! They have the standard sides, but I decided to go with the theme and get the Portuguese rice and mashed peas, which were an excellent choice. The peas are not really mashed, but more diced up with about 50% whole peas. These are mixed with cilantro and peppers. Great. Rice was very good, too. I ordered my chicken with "hot" pepper sauce, which was about the spiciness of Thai. It was really good, and I thought totally fine for anyone who likes spicy Mexican, moderate Indian, and moderate Thai. I see no reason to go fiery, and I would not be afraid of medium for someone who does not like too spicy. I think you want a bit of kick, because this is a lot of the flavor. I wish we had this out West. I for sure am going to try to find something similar, as this beats most barbecue for quality of ingredients and succulence of the food.

• Visited January 2012
new york
“Large fun and different”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Tangy chicken the Medium is not too spicy quick service reasonable prices,too

Visited January 2012