“Solid Pad Thai”
Review of Asia Nine

Asia Nine
Reserve with OpenTable
Asia Nine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #444 of 3,485 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 9th Street and 10th Street
Transit: Red line: Metro Center, China Town Gallery Place Green & Yellow line: Navy Archives Memorial
Description: Asia Nine’s design draws inspiration from different Asian cultures.Jewel tones and rich woods envelop guests with a warm and exotic atmosphere. A glowing washi paper sculpture illuminates the backwall, appealing to the curious spirits of guests. Facing the front window on a raised floor is Asia Nine’s sushi and oyster bar decked out with wood elements, enticing red tile accents, and custom painted tables and bar top. In the main dining area, slate tiles in shades of silver, grey and black cover the floor and compliment dark walnut tables and chairs, seating 100. A long spring green tile bar, seating55, flanks the right side of the room with a bamboo forest background highlighted with a steel waterfall. Directly across the room are large banquettes, wrapped in bamboo with a floating trellis overhead. Just past the banquettes and up the stairs is a cozy lounge, known as the VIP room, complete with a full bar and seating 40.
Reviewed 13 September 2017

My wife and I dropped in to Asian Nine after touring Ford's Theatre, which is around the corner. All I wanted was good pad thai and a cold Sapporo. We found both here. Service was fast and friendly. The pad thai was very good, my only qualm was that it could have been spicier but neither myself nor the waitstaff asked about it, so the fault lies with both of us to a certain degree. I would recommend this place for good Asian cuisine in a casual, yet cool environment.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I come here for lunch once a week and I love it. The salmon salad and sushi are amazing. The service is good too.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Asia Nine was a good dinner after a day of walking around museums. There wasn't anything special about the dining experience. We weren't disappointed, but we'll explore some other options during the remainder of our trip.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Im a fan of the pad thai and the sushi. Its a great place to grab some lunch, and you can order ahead online if youre in a rush.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

We have driven by Asia 9 about a thousand times and thought that it sounded like the perfect pit stop before seeing a movie at the landmark theater nearby. In my mind I had built this place up to be a cute hole-in-the-wall with fantastic sushi. I was immediately disappointed upon walking in and sitting down. It's a total tourist trap.

Nonetheless we ordered some sushi and thought at least everything is moderately priced. The food here isn't bad, but the reason for the poor review is the waiter suggested two different bottles of Saki for us (we had previously ordered the $12 bottles) and offered to let us taste them. He brought them to the table and opened them for us and never came back. They ended up being $60+ dollars per each. We ended up spending $200+ for cheap sushi before a movie. I felt a little swindled.