“Great food with a lively atmosphere”
Review of The Smith

The Smith
Reserve with OpenTable
The Smith is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #186 of 3,502 Restaurants in Washington DC
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I ate here with my aunt and my 8 year old right after the March for Our Lives a couple blocks away. They were SUPER busy with people coming in after the March and the servers handled the rush so well. They were friendly and efficient. The burger was so good, I still think about it sometimes haha. We didn’t see a kids menu, so my daughter had the calamari, which she loved. It was really thick cut and fresh tasting. The beer and wine list was great, too. I would definitely love to stop here again when it isn’t as busy!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Bartender on THU (3/29) gave great service and was very friendly. Tried two specialty cocktails, both good. The tuna poke with cashews was unusual, but good texture and heat. The shrimp cocktail was good the homemade hummus with spicy crackers was really good.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

4 people ate lunch and all were happy. 2 burgers were thumbs up. Salmon burger was good, but not exceptional. Dressing on greens was a little heavy. Kale salad was heartily enjoyed. Service was a bit on the slow side, but server was conscientious, so I am inclined to believe it is a kitchen issue, not the dining room. All in all, we enjoyed it.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We had a reservation for 6 mid-afternoon and were seated promptly. Provided both still and sparkling water to start. We had a very helpful, patient server who answered a lot questions from the various guests in our party. Picky people! At any rate, the burger was great, the Shrimp Roll was very tasty although a bit skimpy and the beer choices were enough to satisfy all parties. It was a hectic afternoon following a major protest march and the room was VERY loud. Gave up trying to hear folks at the end of our table. The room is nicely appointed with a nice mix of subway tile and stained wood. I liked the lighting fixtures as well. The kitchen traffic is hectic so try to get seated way to the rear in the smaller room with all the liquor bottles!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

The service at this establishment was beyond bad. Our waiter was rude. The manager was nice enough to provide us with another server who was nice, but way too busy to pay much attention to us. It’s a shame because there were 1-2 items we enjoyed...but not enough to prevent this review.