“Pretty Good for a Lunch”
Review of Colada shop

Colada shop
Ranked #1,470 of 3,322 Restaurants in Washington DC
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We went to Colada after a matinee at Source. It was starting to get crowded and (pleasantly) noisy at 4PM on Saturday. Empanadas (Picadillo, spinach, and chicken) were quite good. It's nice to find a chicken empanada in DC with a little spice rather than just shredded chicken. Croquetas (jabon and chicken) were fine, but not standouts. I had an Old Ox beer; my wife had the Centinela (Cafecito, Ginger Beer, Angostura Bitters. Served on ice.) which was interesting, but probably not worth the wait. Ahh, yes, the wait. One places one's order, gets a pager, and then tries to find a place to eat. It's a pretty small cafe and I finally ended up clearing off a table that had a *lot* of empty glasses to occupy. But when the pager went off it was for the food; I had to guard the table while my wife waited for the drinks that came out 5 minutes later. Go with friends, order some drinks, find a table (indoor or outdoor), *then* order your food. You'll be happy, mellow, and full.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We had the Cuban sandwich and it was good but kinda an average Cuban, I would come back for the sandwiches but we also got the Pina Colada and was very disappointed in the drink , almost tasteless with a bunch of shredded coconut on the bottom of the glass . Nice to sit outside, limited seating, probably a great place to have coffee and sit outside, it's next to a great ice cream store --- will go again and try something else--- nice place.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Dropped by the new addition to the U & 14th Streets dining renaissance a few days back. Newcomers expecting table serving will be annoyed. Colada needs more visible signs about the service model. Once you get over that hurdle and order at the counter the fun begins. The pastelitos are flaky, fresh and tasty. The rum-inspired cocktails are impressive. Try the Cascara Old Fashioned with aged dark rum and coffee bitters. Will return to check out more on the menu. BTW the seating outside is quite popular.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I ordered from Colada Shop on Uber Eats and oh em geee! First, I called the shop to ask a question and their manager Taylor was pleasant and extremely helpful and kind. They have the BEST Coladas in town!!! I ordered the Cuban sandwich and it was so savory, I didn’t expect to eat it all, and I did not leave a single crumb, it was that good. Plenty of meat and such a good flavor. I also had the beef pastelito and the guava and cheese one and these were so delicious!! For dessert, I had the dulce de leche brownie which was also yummy and moist. I highly recommend this place. I have visited once last month and the entire ambiance from the kindness of the staff to the outdoor and indoor seating and everything else was very uplifting and nice. Thank you Taylor and thank you Colada Shop!!

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Fun spot to go to for snacks and drinks. Drinks were tasty. Food was fine, but not necessarily a reason I'd go back.