“Best hotel experience I’ve ever had.”
Review of W Washington D.C.

W Washington D.C.
Ranked #60 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The hotel staff was fantastic, from upgrading our room to arranging a ride in the Acura car service. They live the Whatever/Whenever motto. The location speaks for itself (adjacent to the WH grounds). Great spot for a weekend trip.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,356)

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Stayed with a friend and was a really cool hotel. Favorite part was the Acura SUV that drove us around when we requested for it ahead of time. Service was good and the hotel seemed new. My only complaint, which isnt bad at all, the showers are frosted and not completely blocked off so it's a little strange when staying with a buddy, but overall 5 stars, will stay again

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Very nice hotel, funky ambiance, rooftop has best view in DC.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2012

The W Hotel chain markets itself like it's cool like no other, understands the latest trends, and provides this luxurious stay. The expectations are high because it's not cheap. The two chatty doormen didn't come help get my stuff out of the cab and I opened the door for myself. Later in my stay I would see a staff door marked, "talent" and it seemed rather...

Supposedly, you can call the "wherever whenever" desk and you'll get immediate help. I arrived late at night and wanted to get a healthy meal. A request for a sushi restaurant that delivered totally confused people. I held on the phone while they Googled on the other end for twenty minutes. Finally, I was connected to a takeout hotline where not a soul answered. I rang back. Other hotels in the heart of a busy city can make some healthy food happen. They have a steakhouse which is overkill. I know now Old Ebbit (next door) stays open very late but I found that out later by myself.

I moved on to the W's roomservice which is just bad. I'm not a picky eater but I tried to get some fresh veggies to no avail. Penne pasta and a salad swimming in blue cheese dressing layered in bacon came to $50. The magic hotline can not book spa appointments or arrange transportation after hours. Everything felt like chatting with a magic 8 ball: "Ask again later."

For the price the room should come with a bathtub. The bathroom decor is going for the sleek look but mostly it's just weird with a steel ladder in the middle of it. The bedroom area has weird red lights that make it look live the devil's suite. Those went off first thing and stayed off.

Going to print something out required $5 for ten minutes. Upon entering the room someone had written on the notepad on the desk, "don't blow 300 dollars!' I am not making that up and I regret not taking a photo. $9 for a Fiji water? Please. I'll spend the extra money if I feel like I'm getting the quality experience I imagined.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank tastysarabeth
Reviewed 8 February 2012

My husband and I took a long weekend (2010) to relax before the birth of our child and found the W to be a hip and convenient place to stay.

Arrival: We arrived without a reservation. Valet service was friendly and the front desk was able to accommodate us in a room on a high floor overlooking the Treasury and White House.
I think we paid 500 or so per night. If it had not been for the location, I would say it was overpriced.

Room: Cozy and hip. Perhaps a bit small, but it was fine for the two of us. The bed was neat with a mood light headboard. Fun mini bar items. Room service was always amazing and quick. The shower was fine. I would have appreciated a bath as well, but no complaints. I am a fan of the W decor. Cute sink area. Big window. The only issue I had was that we were right below the rooftop bar and the noise really carried into our room.

Area: a few blocks from the Smithsonian museums, White House, etc.

Staff: Very accommodating

We enjoyed our stay and will most likely stay here in the future.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple