“Great place in WDC”
Review of W Washington D.C.

W Washington D.C.
Ranked #59 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic terrace bar to spend a good time with friends and enjoy a beautiful sun set. We have a nice view of the city, George Washington monument, the White House and other buildings. You could also enjoy the modern Lobby bar of the W hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Joanne C, Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Carlos E,

Thank you so much for sharing the love. I am so glad you were able to take advantage of our central location, heart of Washington D.C and you were able to take advantage of our POV Rooftop bar; the view indeed is breathtaking. Your testament regarding our talent is a true meaning of Whatever Whenever service culture, I cannot wait to share this with them.

Joanne

Write a ReviewReviews (2,341)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed at the W for a quick trip from NYC. You can not find a better location. The rooms are all set by level. In a superior level the room is pretty basic on the lower floors. It’s a very modern feel that is becoming a bit dated. But everything was clean and comfortable. The staff was so over the top nice and did everything they could to make us feel welcomed. The major room issue is the shower wall is frosted glass so a lot of light shines into the room if you are sleeping while someone is in the bathroom. Overall a very good experience. Check out the hotel roof bar for an incredible view.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Marc T,

Thank you so much for sharing the love. I am so glad you were able to take advantage of our POV Rooftop bar; the view indeed is breathtaking. Your testament regarding our talent is a true meaning of Whatever Whenever service culture, I cannot wait to share this with them.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having stayed at many W hotel, you can tell that tis is one of the older ones. I say this not as a bad thing, just a heads up if you are expecting a brand new crisp W. That being said, it still delivers. Great rooftop bar and a good breakfast round this out as a winner. We had a view of the Washington monument.

Room Tip: request monument view
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Welcome 10022,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great location (near the Mall, Washington Monument and White House), easy to get to (near Red, Blue and Orange line Metro stops), comfortable contemporary rooms, and popular night spot with a view. But what sets it apart is the customer service. Both before and during my stay I received personal emails (from a real person with a name and contact info) asking if I needed anything, and when I had questions or requests I got immediate responses.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Hello 485norris,

Thank you so much for sharing the love. I am so glad you were able to take advantage of our central location, heart of Washington D.C. Your testament regarding our talent is a true meaning of Whatever Whenever service culture, I cannot wait to share this with them.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at the W for 2 nights in November 2017. The staff was really nice and the rooms were really comfortable . I got my room for $294 by naming my own price on Priceline. The hotel tried to get me to upgrade for a sunnier room for double what I paid but I did not. My room faced the interior so it did not have a lot of light. It did have a bedroom and another area for a work desk and a really large bathroom are with makeup room and shower that was larger than the bedroom. The towels were comfortable the drawers and closet space were more than adequate . There is a really nice restaurant on the roof that has great views of the city. You can walk everywhere from this hotel. They charge $55 per night to valet your car. Thats reasonable for Washington.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Hello dnasb,

Thank you for sharing the love. I am happy to know that you had a great stay with us. We truly appreciate you taking your time with giving us your voice. Your experience is a true testament to the Whatever/Whenever service culture at W Hotels. It is great to hear that you we’re wowed. I can guarantee you that everyone will be happy to know your great feedback.