“wonderful dining outdoor experience”
Review of Bistro Cacao

Bistro Cacao
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Cacao is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 3,535 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: European, French, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Union Station red line three blocks away
Reviewed 30 March 2017

My wife & I were in for an AIPAC meeting and had dinner at Bistro Cacao on the strong endorsement of a trip advisor diner. It did not disappoint. The weather was perfect and the dinner also. Our French Waiter Anthony, was both personal and professional and made the food experience very enjoyable. I like to ash wait staff for their recommendations before I order and he was spot on. We shared an appetizer of fresh Mussels in a mustard tomato broth, very good. Than knowing I had the mussels I asked Anthony for a suggestion.Without hesitation he said bouillabaisse. Knowing it too had mussels I went with his suggestion. The best. Yes mussels again along with scallops the size of hockey pucks that were tender, and juicy as were the huge shrimp and the fish, and petite lobster tail. All piping hot thanks to the wonder rich lobster bisque sauce ($29.00) I would definitely order again. My wife had the pistachio crusted halibut excellent same bargain price, and equally delicious. Same comment from her . " I would order again. Anthony suggested a sincere to go with my entire my wife had her Pinot Grigio. Dinner capped off with apple tart with vanilla ice cream ( 20 minutes to make).

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Our family had a get together dinner with our mother who loves French Food. The Chef Kemal Deger came out personally to meet her and sent some amazing appetizers for us. Our waiter Johnny couldnt have been any better, he was attentive and fun. Great ambience and everyones meal was amazing.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

I really enjoyed this restaurant - the owner was legitimately French and was able to do some conversation with him in French, totally refreshing. The food was great, get the rabbit with risotto if they have it. They also helped my gluten-free friend pick and modify things from the menu.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

We went during Restaurant week, and plan to return! The food and service were great. Parking was also very easy and it is convenient to Union Station.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

If you are looking for a romantic, unique restaurant - this is the place. The restaurant is in two town houses and the rooms are intimate and warm. Others have spoken about the lush red curtains, the comfortable furniture and subdued lighting. On my recent visit, the tables held vases of red roses with rose petals scattered over the table.

The wait staff could be a bit more attentive - I had to wait a while before someone took my drink order. When the rest of the party arrived, things picked up. I had the duck pate and it was delicious. The special of the day was trout stuffed with coat cheese and sun dried tomatoes with a wonderful sauce. The waiter didn't tell us the cost which annoys me when they do that but we all wanted it so we weren't too concerned about the price. The trout was supposed to come with fingerling potatoes but was served with a kind of potato soufflé. Don't know what happened there. The trout was very delicious. They prepared a nice desert for my friend's birthday celebration. I will most definitely return.