“Really nice, great flavor and prices! Free lassi!”
Review of Merzi

Merzi
Ranked #433 of 3,463 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Merzi Fresh Indian Kitchen is a fast-casual restaurant specializing in lightning-fast, fresh Indian food.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

When you check-in you get a free delicious mango lassi and we really liked it! The food was really good, a lot of options and the place is clean and comfortable. Employees are nice too! They seem to use biodegradable utensils!!

Rickey D, Owner at Merzi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Upekkhapr, thank you so much for checking us out! We're glad you enjoyed your visit with us, and we're especially grateful you took the time to share your review! We hope you'll visit us again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was looking for a take out restaurant near the Smithsonian museums. I walked North on 7th Street and found Merzi. The food was good and abundant. Tasted fresh. I eat outside on the street. The weather was so nice. It is close enough to go back to the park near the Smithsonian museums.

Rickey D, Owner at Merzi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Carole, thank you very much for trying our restaurant! We're really glad you enjoyed our food, and we're happy you took the time to share your review here on tripadvisor! We hope you'll come back and visit us again sometime soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2018

I eat a lot and the full size was more than enough, a medium with a beverage would've been ok. The mango Lassi is good and the chai latte was one of the best I've had. The spicy is not that spicy but there is sirarcha

Rickey D, Owner at Merzi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much! We're glad you enjoyed your meal with us. We're actually working to increase the spice level on the spicy sauce, and we've added habanero chutney as well. Next time you're here, check it out! Thanks again!

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Merzi is not bad at all. I had the rice bowl with chickpeas and cauliflower and the "spicy" sauce. I had debated on whether to get medium sauce or not, but even the spicy didn't turn out to be very spicy. Overall, the food is good. My only criticism would be that it tends a bit toward the bland side, especially compared to authentic Indian food.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

It’s similar to chipotle. You can select rice or naan as vase then can add veggie or meat, gravy and different toppings. Good food.

Rickey D, Owner at Merzi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Hi Kishor, thank you so much for reviewing your meal with us! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I hope you'll visit again sometime!

- Rickey