“Horrible ”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: G St. SE
Transit: Eastern Market stop is 3 blocks away.
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

We went with our two grandsons before the Friday night parade at the marine barracks . We told the waitress we were going there to ensure our dinner would be served on time. We got our drinks and chicken wings and then nothing. We asked about our order and were told it was coming soon. We watched several other tables be served and asked again about our order. After over an hour we asked to see the manager. We said we had to leave but our grandsons needed something to eat and could they bring us anything. They said the would comp our dinner but only gave the boys potato chips. Never will we go again. Never will I recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank nana60newyork

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

We came to watch the 2016 NFL Draft. It was a great pub with kind, helpful (and handsome! ;-) ) bartenders. My husband said the food was good too. We'll be back!

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

We tried Molly Malone's since we could walk right in on a busy Saturday night. Not family friendly at all - they have wine but no wine list so hard to choose - food was so so; service needed more "coaching" or training. Way better options on street and in area.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

My wife and I went for a late supper. We were pretty disappointed in the service. My soup was tepid at best, and perhaps iI would've let the server know if he'd cared enough to check on us.
I finished my pint about a third of the way through my entry, and really could've used another, but we were completely ignored. He finally came to ask how things were once we were finished. By then, we just wanted the bill and to get out of there. Too bad. It seemed like a nice place, but we were made to feel completely unwelcome and unappreciated.
Hopefully this was an anomaly, but we won't be back, especially given all the other options on that street and in town.
Oh, and think about public wifi. It's the little things that make your customers feel appreciated.

Reviewed 24 August 2015

After Church on 8th Street SE, we went looking for a place to have lunch before hitting the E Street Movies. We walked a ways up and read the over-priced menus at the very busy restaurants along the street (and there are at least 20!). The menu of Irish Brunch items at MM's was the most appealing of the lot.

We went in. We saw one table occupied by two soldiers and two sailors. There was not an employee in sight. Are we supposed to hop behind the bar and help ourselves? I did not think so. We went back outside to make sure we were in the right place. It was indeed Molly's so we went back in. After a few moments, a youngish Irish lad told us we could sit anywhere.

OK, then, Along the wall was a row of two-tops that seemed to be too small to hold drinks and entrees for two adults. We chose a booth that could hold 4 comfortably or 6 really close friends.

Two pet peeves: Pepsi products!!! Plastic glasses!!! I'm sure an Irish Pub does not serve their beer in plastic glasses. We deserve the same quality glassware!!

After our order was taken, the wait for the food to be produced was interminable. Mind you, other than the four military man at a neighboring table, we were the only patrons in the place. The servicemen had already been served and no further vittles were forthcoming.

When my Breakfast Burrito and my partner's Western Omelet arrived, they were well worth waiting for. The Pico De Gallo atop my burrito was among the very best I ever had, and remember, this is an Irish Pub! Everything was very hot and freshly made.

The icing on the cake: they served us two triangles of delicious, grainy, well-textured Irish Bread. If it doesn't come with your meal, order some on the side. You won't be disappointed.