“Bar Was Great”
Review of The Hamilton

The Hamilton
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hamilton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #138 of 3,724 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: F Street NW
Transit: A short walk from either the McPherson Square or Metro Center station along the Red, Orange and Blue Lines.
Description: The Hamilton is a 37,000 square feet, 500-seat restaurant and live entertainment venue offering three dining rooms, three bars and a sushi bar. The restaurant offers seasonal and regional American cuisine, for brunch, lunch, dinner, dessert, as well as a sushi menu. The Hamilton Live is the lower level 300-seat live music and entertainment venue offering nightly entertainment from local, national and international musicians.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This was adjacent to our hotel so a group met up here after dinner.
The atmosphere is as old school DC as you can get.
The bar looks like it was installed 200 years ago!
The service was great, although their tequila selection was a bit underwhelming.

Date of visit: March 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,173)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Really beautiful hotel. Very kind personal. Room was big, clean and very nice. Perfect location and finding hotel. Opposite the hotel is a subway station and the White House is only 5 minutes walk.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018

What a treat it was to eat at The Hamilton with my family of four. (Kids ages 12 & 9.) We looked a little more haggard than the Friday night set at the restaurant, but we had been waiting for this one, so we just tromped on in, anyway!

The restaurant is enormous and I never felt cramped. In some ways, it felt super modern, but in others, it felt very traditional. I loved that! The hostess who seated us was friendly, our server was a trainee, and he and his trainer were both kind and attentive, and the food was our best meal in the city.

As I said, we'd been waiting for this one, so we splurged. Among the four of us we had miso soup, sushi, fried mozzarella, mussels & pasta, steak, pork chop, and a kids' pizza. DELICIOUS! I highly recommend the sautéed spinach and mushrooms. I'd go back just for that! The kids each got dessert - apple pie for one and ricotta doughnuts for the other. Everyone had a taste, and those were divine!

This restaurant was recommended by a DC local, and I'm so glad I followed her advice! It was a fun environment and a delicious meal!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

The best thing about The Hamilton is the restaurant itself. The artwork, the open space, it is stunning and the music etc give this place a fun vibe. We were in DC for 5 days with three kids (12,9,7) and this place had the best kids menu we saw - tons of options. I had fish and chips, the hubs had heat chicken, food was really good. I'd give it 5 stars if our server had been a little more friendly. Otherwise, I highly recommend eating here, I really liked it!!!!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

My wife and I along with two of our teenagers had a terrific dinner in mid-March. The hostess and waitresses were very engaging and responsive. We had sushi and chicken. Food and drinks were excellent and presented well and very reasonably priced. While the decor is somewhat formal we did not feel out of place being casually dressed after a day of sightseeing. Kudos to the staff.