“Mexican in the heart of Georgetown, DC”
Review of Bandolero - CLOSED

Bandolero
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Executive Chef Tony Starr serves innovative mexican small plates in the heart of Georgetown, Washington, DC. Bandolero serves brunch, lunch, dinner, and happy hour.
Reviewed 5 June 2015

Nice authentic (authentic enough for me) restaurant on M St. in Georgetown. Stopped by for lunch. Ordered the Tuna Cerviche and split a Chicken and churrios lunch with my wife. Glad I did as the portions were huge. Nice break from shopping.

Reviewed 19 April 2015

I liked this place for its tapas type food. All the three dishes we shared and tried tasted great and looked great. We had mani mahi tacos, a quesadilla and shrimp. The guacamole was really good and plenty. The passion fruit Margaritha tasted great after a two hour walking tour of Goergetown.
I will definitely come back to this place.

Reviewed 18 April 2015 via mobile

Read the January 21 review from TripAdvisor reviewer joeyisntyourdaddy and you will understand the ellipsis in my review title. My family of four, including two kids ages 9 and 12, ate here because we craved Mexican food while visiting Georgetown on spring break. The food was good. We especially enjoyed the salsas and guacamole. The people were very friendly. The restaurant itself reminded me of my youth. I'd be at a bar with a cool vibe having a good time. At closing time, the lights would come on and you'd see just how sad the space was- in desperate need of Clorox and refurb. I couldn't shake that this place must be fun for young twenties at night- folks like Joey from January 21. To a middle-aged mom, I wanted to bathe the children in a vat of anti-bacterial lotion and slap on some gloves to scrub this place back to its former glory.

Reviewed 10 April 2015

Bandolero has a really nice menu - lots of interesting dishes to choose from. The food was really good (and I'm from AZ so I know Mexican) but the portions were really small given the pricing. I'd say they were slightly larger than appetizer sized.

Reviewed 26 March 2015

It's a Mexican tapas bar - not a restaurant. Keep that in mind.

We had a great late night dinner. The service was great - we let our hostess choose the food and just feed us. The tapas range when we were there was freshly prepared - you can see it from the open kitchen at the back of the bar. Occasionally the drink service was a bit vague - ie drink orders were mostly successful but some would just vanish.