“Excellent food and service”
Review of Bandolero - CLOSED

Bandolero
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Executive Chef Tony Starr serves innovative mexican small plates in the heart of Georgetown, Washington, DC. Bandolero serves brunch, lunch, dinner, and happy hour.
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

We dropped in here by chance and where immediately shown to a table. The waiter was kind and attentive. The atmosphere was very nice and the food was really tasty. We did not have to wait even though the place was full. Very good service !

Reviewed 19 June 2015

I love dark and mysterious places like this one so the flashlight reference is only in fun. The place is on the dark side as is the décor. As you walk into the rather large bar is on your left with bar seating at small tables to the right. If you continue past the bar and the section of outdoor fencing they used for separation, you'll find a decent amount of tables to choose from if you would rather not be by the bar area. The menu is very diversified (though sticky to the touch) and there is something for any Mexican foodie to choose. I had the Chicken Taco $10.00 and Pulled Pork Taco $13.00 and found the portions to be larger than in other establishments. Served on a 'plank' over banana leaves, they were delicious and the two orders I got for myself were just perfect and very tasty. In addition I got there plantains dish $6.00 which turned out to be too much for me and so reluctantly left some behind. Drinks were pricey but I found that overall the fun décor and friendly atmosphere with the very tasty tapas justify the financial investment.!!

Reviewed 5 June 2015

Nice authentic (authentic enough for me) restaurant on M St. in Georgetown. Stopped by for lunch. Ordered the Tuna Cerviche and split a Chicken and churrios lunch with my wife. Glad I did as the portions were huge. Nice break from shopping.

Reviewed 19 April 2015

I liked this place for its tapas type food. All the three dishes we shared and tried tasted great and looked great. We had mani mahi tacos, a quesadilla and shrimp. The guacamole was really good and plenty. The passion fruit Margaritha tasted great after a two hour walking tour of Goergetown.
I will definitely come back to this place.

Reviewed 18 April 2015 via mobile

Read the January 21 review from TripAdvisor reviewer joeyisntyourdaddy and you will understand the ellipsis in my review title. My family of four, including two kids ages 9 and 12, ate here because we craved Mexican food while visiting Georgetown on spring break. The food was good. We especially enjoyed the salsas and guacamole. The people were very friendly. The restaurant itself reminded me of my youth. I'd be at a bar with a cool vibe having a good time. At closing time, the lights would come on and you'd see just how sad the space was- in desperate need of Clorox and refurb. I couldn't shake that this place must be fun for young twenties at night- folks like Joey from January 21. To a middle-aged mom, I wanted to bathe the children in a vat of anti-bacterial lotion and slap on some gloves to scrub this place back to its former glory.