“Only had a veg pattie and moss water... can't wait to go back for roti”
Review of Spicy Delight

Spicy Delight
Ranked #2,092 of 3,525 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Reviewed 9 June 2015 via mobile

I happened upon this place while around the Takoma Park metro station, looking for a snack. Yay to their snacks! Cabbage and carrot pattie was spicy and good. Moss water sweet and delicious. Also, both very affordable.

The owner was VERY nice, and you can tell this is a family place, a staple of the community. She knew everyone who walked in the door. I look forward to returning for a full meal.

Unfortunately, no saltfish and ackee on the menu, but the owner said if she can get enough interest in breakfast, they'll bring it back!

Reviewed 4 April 2015

My husband and I were visiting near here for a few days and decided to check it out. I am so glad we did! For lunch we ordered a jerk chicken roti (very spicy- yum!) and a jerk chicken sandwich (spicy). Then for dinner, we got 2 jerk chicken entrees with red beans and cabbage included. There's about a 30 minute wait, so call your order in ahead of time. The roti was big enough for 2! We got 4 meals out of the jerk chicken entrees. Everything was so good we had to restrain ourselves from overeating. On our way back home, we picked up 3 Jamaican style patties (2 chicken and 1 spinach w/cheese), another jerk chicken roti and a side of fried plantains. The chicken patties were very good, a mildish curry. My husband loved the spinach and cheese patty. The patty crust was excellent too.The fried plantains were okay, just not as sweet as we are use to. Everything reheated well. Important to know: they are open M-F 11:30 - 9:30 (F until 10:30), they only accept CASH and it is carryout only. They are located diagonally across from the Takoma Park metro. There is some street parking available.