“Fantastic, GIT Approved!”
Review of DC Trails

Ranked #41 of 160 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dc Trails offer live guides or pre-recorded commentary of Washington DC. Featuring our beautiful double decker open top buses. We offer a 24 hours Hop on Hop off, the 48 hours Hop-on Hop-off bus tour, Twighlight Tour and Mt. Vernon Tour of Old Town Alexandria.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The bus driver, Thomas Hopps, was fantastic. Super cool and trained us to be gentlemen (gentlemenintraining). -Jason Kinsley

Liliana T, Owner at DC Trails, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for the rating, Jason! We are delighted to read how wonderful your touring experience was for you. We look forward to hosting you again on your return trip to DC in the near future.

Best,
DC Trails

Write a ReviewReviews (3,353)
All reviews
"arlington cemetery"
in 59 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 33 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We purchased the 48 Hour tour passes with additional Twilight tour. The first day we spent over 45 minutes walking around DC trying to find the place to get on the tour. When we finally got on the bus it drove so slowly that it took forever to get anywhere. They said one complete circuit of the stops was 1hour and 45 minutes- wrong- more like 3 hours. Which means once you get off the bus you’re waiting for 30-45 minutes at a stop before you’re picked up again. We wasted almost an entire day just getting to the first place we wanted to go. After that we didn’t get back on the bus that day and our second day went unused.

We showed up for our twilight tour at 6:30. The bus left at 7 and we had Henry as our tour guide. Oh my.... it felt like we were almost kidnapoed on this tour. Henry talked so long at each stop and wouldn’t just let us just go see the stop without a 15 minute lecture about being back on time. And by the way it was incredibly cold this evening so we stood around waiting outside the bus in the cold while he lectured us at every stop. There were a couple places he walked to the attraction with us to give us a further dissertation. We were not allowed to walk ahead of him or go anywhere without him during these stops. I actually started walking ahead of him just to get there and he made fun of me. At FDR I didn’t even feel like I could look around because I had to listen to Henry or he’d chastise me. After a while, people didn’t even get off because they didn’t want to hear him anymore.

He called the bus driver retarded and said “what do you have, Down’s Syndrome?” Even the bus driver Kwane was annoyed. It was absolutely terrible. I paid over $250 for four people and I really just want my money back. It was very upsetting to waste this much money. Two of our four left the tour after the first stop. My husband and I stayed till almost the end but couldn’t stomach listening to Henry any longer! What should have been about 3 Hour tour turned out to be 4 hours and we never even made it back to where we started!!

Don’t do it!!! Take our advice

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I do not recommend dc trails hop on hop off bus. The bus skipped scheduled stops and did not announce when we were at a stop and could get off. We waited at one stop site for a pickup over 30 minutes and had a bus skip us because it had not followed the route to the scheduled stop. The guide narration was bland and uninteresting.

Liliana T, Owner at DC Trails, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

We appreciate the feedback, Scott. On average, it does take about 30 to 45 minutes for our buses to do pick-ups and drop-offs, depending on traffic and weather conditions. Your experience is not one we aim to provide to our customers, and we hope to provide an improved experience on your return trip to DC in the near future.

Best,