“Great Caribbean Food in a simple setting”
Review of Los Hermanos

Los Hermanos
Ranked #586 of 3,707 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 1 April 2017

If you want real, authentic Caribbean food, this is the place to get it. This family owned and operated restaurant has been a longtime fixture in the Columbia Heights neighborhood of Washington DC. The food is "home made" and delicious with a variety of offerings every day. They make an authentic "mofongo" that's as good as you would find in Puerto Rico. Don't expect fancy tables, waiters, or decor. It's a simple place - walk up to the counter, make your selections from the days offerings, pay, and sit at a table & enjoy!

Reviewed 23 February 2017

I love to look over the offerings as only cafeterias make possible, so I enjoyed my substantial lunch. I like Latin food, appreciate the offerings with vegetables and fish option. Friendly staff, cheap prices, horchata drink and coconut candies also offered. I parked in the underground garage in the Target shopping mall next door. Ample seating, a bit tight but OK.

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

We traveled from Maine to DC to enjoy a little warmth and we found on our first night at Los Hermanos! We knew nothing about Salvadoran food and were greeted warmly and patiently. It was all really good and plenty for three of us to split two meals. We're going back for the goat and the pig's feet!

Reviewed 25 October 2016

my wife and I love Togo to this place very good food large portions good price we enjoy everything there.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Incredibly good home cooking. These guys really do a great job serving Dominican food cafeteria style. Huge portions.