“Spanish cuisine fantástico”

Taberna del Alabardero Washington D.C
Reserve with OpenTable
Taberna del Alabardero Washington D.C is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 3,341 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$50 - US$80
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: I Street
Transit: Farragut West Metro Station or Farragut North
Description: The Evolution of Tradition is presented with Executive Chef Javier Romero introducing a new approach to some classic tapas. From old school tapas battling it out to healthy & organic salads, there's something for everyone. With 23 years of experience, and a young team bringing innovative techniques, we continue to show the best our culture has to offer.
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

I knew it was going to be great when I walked in saw the hog leg for the shaved Iberian ham which was a great meal starter with the manchego cheese. We ordered the pork shoulder and the lobster and seafood paella and both were AMAZING. Will be adding this place to my list of DC must try restaurants.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Arrived early for dinner, spent a hour at the bar drinking glorious Tempranillo recommended by the bartender. He may be the soul of this restaurant, and it surely has soul. These folks are an exceptional service team - - it is a joy to watch them deliver effortless excellence. We all had the Paella after tapas. The food matches the service. This is a place where you know you will have really good, expertly prepared food delivered by a highly skilled team.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

It's very hard to get many things right, but at least for me, this restaurant did it the night I was there. Service was very welcoming, warm, professional. Decor was classy but not over the top either. The sommelier knew her stuff and recommended excellent wine (Rioja varieties), and my cornish hen was near perfect, and the Spanish creme brulee also very nice. Aside from all that, they also offered a couple of free items (appetizer and shot at the end). I don't think they could have done anything better, and I would definitely return there.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

DE-LI-CIO-SO as you would say in spanish. For me it was authentic spanish food. The serrano jam and pork were our favorite appetizers. Entree? PAELLA!!!! With lobster, crab and mussels.
Really really really good!

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Tasty food. High quality ingredients. Great tapas. Creative presentations. In other words, really good!

Very efficient and responsive service. A little formal, European style, but very good (except it took a while to get the check when we wanted it).

Convenient location if your in downtown D.C.

Wouldn't hesitate to go back!