“Zumba on Fridays”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Connecticut Ave/ K Street
Transit: across dupont circle metro southside exit red line
Reviewed 26 December 2016

I went to Cafe Citron a few years ago for salsa dancing with friends. I think they still have salsa/latin music, but now they also have zumba on Fridays. There are 3 levels to Cafe Citron. The lower level had the zumba and a small bar. Party atmosphere, the place was packed by 10 pm. This is really more of a bar/nightclub than a restaurant.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

There are lots of other good places to eat. Don't bother with this one. Drinks were good but food only pedestrian. Quesadilla Platter was okay.

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

My friends and I were there for a party last time, even if our visit was not very pleasant our issues were addressed in a timely manner. Thank you Jackie

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

We stumbled upon this cafe while walking down the street. The drinks were good and the music was too. Downstairs becomes a salsa club that was very fun!

Reviewed 17 August 2016

Pan-Latino is here to stay, and I am thrilled that Café Citron is the trailblazer in an over-saturated market of Latino restaurants, especially in the Washington DC area, offering a wide variety of tasty offerings from the myriad of Latin-American cuisines that reflect their unique history and their regional and topographical differences. Looking through the menu, I am tempted to pay this establishment another visit soon to try their other dishes that are Cuban, Peruvian, Mexican, or Bolivian-inspired that seem to evoke unique flavors and combinations. Maybe I will end up getting up and shuffling my feet during the free Salsa lessons (offered twice a week) or clapping my hands while the Brazilian Samba dancers were showing off their incredible sensual dexterity during a mid-week visit that livened up the place – as if the delicious food needed a strong supporting actor at all. Entertainment aside, I will be returning for the great bites, the variety of dishes, and the low prices especially during Happy Hour.